RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just spent the better part of my evening dynamatting and putting MLV in the rear of my Range Rover. I put a good layer on the inner and outer skins of the lower hatch and then covering the sides and top of the trim on the top half of the hatch with dynamat to add weight in an effort to hush some rattles.

Well, it worked great! Not a peep comes out of the panels anymore, but the top portion of the hatch is significantly heavier... To the point that if you let go of the top hatch when it is half way up, it will fall back down. It closes with a much more satisfying thud now, but I'd prefer if it would still go up the rest of the way if you let go of it halfway rather than falling back down.

Is it possible to stiffen these hydraulics up a bit? Or maybe get ones that can hold more weight, perhaps the ones from the hood?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
690 Posts
I will look forward to any suggestions received. I have the Land Rover approved ( SAfety Devices) rear ladder on the hatch and in the cold weather in winter -( below about minus 15) the rear hatch lifters do not hold it up sufficiently. It would be interesting if there is a permanent fix - which Land Rover really should have thought about since they approved the ladder for the vehicle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that someone else is having a similar issue. What year is yours? Maybe they used stiffer hydraulics in later years... Mine is an 03.

-Mike

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
I would thought you can up grade the struts. I'd like the hatch to rise better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts