RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
380 Posts
Ok, so I tried some blue alcohol (methylated spirit) and that worked.

But I might have been a bit too enthusiastic, so ended up with a few sctratches. But at least they are not sticky.

Anything I can do to 'polish' the buttons?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep. I cleaned them all the same way. Don’t have to rub hard, just enough to saturate the coating and it scrapes right off. Did the controls on the steering wheel and the climate control buttons as well.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
380 Posts
My not be scratches could still be streaks of the coating.
No, it was definitely scratches - some of the black plastic came off as well, exposing a white layer. I fixed those using a black marker pen.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
The one we got has pitted center console. The coating is peeling on the window switches. Had a few cosmetic flaws inside. But for the price I really didn't care. 2016 TD6 for 32k was a great deal to justify the few cosmetic flaws. Its had it few issues I was able to fix myself. But other than that my wife is happy with it. So if she dont care then no need to fix. If its in good mechanical shape I would ask to lower the price due to interior being in ruff shape. Make sure to check the air condition. Leave it on for a few minutes with the car stationary. Check the air ride system. Also hit a few dips at slow speed to check for a arm clucking. I had all 3 of these things happen to mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts