RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ocassionally the glass in the drivers side window of my TD6 sticks in the fully open position. No amount of switch pressing will make it wind back up but I have found that if I operate the central locking or open and close the door it will wind up no problem on the next press of the switch........ dealer has had the car in twice now to look at it but neither they nor I can make it do it on demand. I wonder if there is probelm with the glass coming slightly out of alignment or a slightly loose connection on the electric lifter, just don't want to book the car in for a whole day for the dealer to dismantle the door casing to find out, I'll wait until June 05 when the next service is due :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem with my RR 03, my dealer had it in 3 times and they finally replaced nearly every motor and electrical part in the driver's door.

Get it fixed because you never know when you need your window in the up position--like when it's raining. Good luck.

dG

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
155 Posts
Hi Tim

I'll wait until June 05 when the next service is due :roll:

I wish - our TD6 has done 58,000 in just less than 2 1/2 years, I went to the dealer to talk about changing it in for another one the other day and they offered £27,000 in part-ex! :shock: £55,000 to £27,000 in 29 months.

I know it's got high mileage but this seemed really low, especially when there are TD6 Vogues with mileages in the 50's on the LR website on the forecourt at ~£38,000.

Oh well seems that the L322 is no more residual resistant than the P38. There is no way that I am keeping it going by all the problems we have had with this one. Might think about getting something else though. Not sure that I like throwing away £1000 every month on top of the running costs when you don't have a vehicle that works all of the time.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sgl322 said:
Hi Tim

I'll wait until June 05 when the next service is due :roll:

I wish - our TD6 has done 58,000 in just less than 2 1/2 years, I went to the dealer to talk about changing it in for another one the other day and they offered £27,000 in part-ex! :shock: £55,000 to £27,000 in 29 months.

I know it's got high mileage but this seemed really low, especially when there are TD6 Vogues with mileages in the 50's on the LR website on the forecourt at ~£38,000.

Oh well seems that the L322 is no more residual resistant than the P38. There is no way that I am keeping it going by all the problems we have had with this one. Might think about getting something else though. Not sure that I like throwing away £1000 every month on top of the running costs when you don't have a vehicle that works all of the time.

Cheers

Steve
OUCH! And the dealer will ask in excess of £40k for it on the forecourt if you do trade it in, even with that number of miles on it, which is even more galling! My local dealer is asking £43000 for an 02 TD6 Vogue in Giverny Green with 33000 miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts