RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- i couldnt find any older threads addressing the RRC and a sticky/non responsive accelerator pedal. I thought i had used one earlier in the year... So my gas pedal is "dead" for the first 25% of travel then it hits a rough spot then is smooth (both in travel and accelerating) i replaced the accelerator/throttle cable and clean out the throttle body. if you manually accelerate (under the bonnet) it it is smooth from beginning to end. it appears that the cable has a smooth fairly straight run (no kinks)? any ideas???

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like a bad TPS, can be check with Ohm meter sweep test. Also by checking data screen plugged into diagnostic port with a scanner.
Hello- i couldnt find any older threads addressing the RRC and a sticky/non responsive accelerator pedal. I thought i had used one earlier in the year... So my gas pedal is "dead" for the first 25% of travel then it hits a rough spot then is smooth (both in travel and accelerating) i replaced the accelerator/throttle cable and clean out the throttle body. if you manually accelerate (under the bonnet) it it is smooth from beginning to end. it appears that the cable has a smooth fairly straight run (no kinks)? any ideas???

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
64 Posts
There is a place to adjust the tightness of the accelerator cable; you just twist it to tighten is and it will take out the slack that is there for the first 25%. If you open the hood, it's right in front of the driver.

·
Registered
996 Posts
wd the crap out of the accelerator and the cable...
[h=2][/h]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts