RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just bought a 2005 Vogue TD6 and I would like to replace the head unit with a Kenwood one I have that has all the latest functions, USB, Bluetooth etc. Every post I've seen on the net seems to go into lots of tangents that dont make much sense.
Basically, with the right cables, can I just switch it out or are there functions on there I need to retain with the outdated unit fitted?
I'm not interested in anything like reversing cameras etc or sat nav (id rather use a map!)
Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not sure how these rover radio's work but unlike the olden days you could find that the various audio units connect through a fibre optic and CAN style network connections so your headunit does not have the typical speaker connections you can tap into. Now you need a headunit that speaks that lingo which somebody might have done for more common cars but not the range rover.

I purchased a Eonon Andriot unit for my son's 2009 BMW 328i that has all that and it works great. It talks to the car and does all sorts like switching on heated seats and all the steering controls work. For my 2008 Porsche however they only do old school but at least there are analogue connections to the amp you can plug into.

Let us know what you find. In the meantime I can recommend this bluetooth adaptor: HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Wireless Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Car Audio with Bluetooth Auto-Reconnect & Dual Port Car Charger in Black
Found it here on this forum and put one in my car but soldered it into the aux and 12v connection and hid it in the centre console. It switches on and off with the car and remembers and connects to my phone automatically and flawlessly. $20.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts