RangeRovers.net Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
geflackt said:
I was also just about to ask for an update!!

My '06 RRS had been fine since early summer, but the shakes are back again along with the clunk in the steering when making turns. If I'm on perfectly smooth road, no shakes even all the way to 80mph. If I'm on roads with good size bumps, I really only feel the bumps. But if it's on uneven pavement with slight bumps, the wheels really gets to shaking. I have about 8k miles on Pirelli Scorpions.

I saw somewhere that the suspension, when working without issues, is described as jiggly. Does this sound right??

The shakes either feel like shocks/springs are shot, or could a frame mount be shot at the front?? Could the front end shake actually be caused by something at the rear??

Jason.

I'm told that the front sub-frame bushings are all backed orderd. I've been waiting for them for 3 weeks now.......

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
Bringing mine in Monday for vibration problems. Changes tires to Michelin's but still have problem(not as bad though). Looks like this is going to be interesting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a Mercedes once that did that. It was a quirk with a redesign and there was just something that was wrong with the high profile tires and wheels that couldn't be fixed. I finally out of frustration got rid of it but in hindsight I wish I had done the lemon law route. The dealership was trying and they didn't build the car. You buy an expensive car and you expect it to work and it's really frustrating to have it in the shop all week and then it does the same thing on the way home.

·
Banned
890 Posts
ChipN said:
I had a Mercedes once that did that. It was a quirk with a redesign and there was just something that was wrong with the high profile tires and wheels that couldn't be fixed. I finally out of frustration got rid of it but in hindsight I wish I had done the lemon law route. The dealership was trying and they didn't build the car. You buy an expensive car and you expect it to work and it's really frustrating to have it in the shop all week and then it does the same thing on the way home.

I agree 5000000% with you. I had a vibration issue with the Audi S5 as well, I took it in ONCE, they replaced the lower control arms, and bushings . Audi found that the bushings were not stiff enough and the lower control arms were not strong enough for the weight of the S5. I picked it up 3 days later and it's smooth as a newborn baby's bottom again, and has been for 4500 miles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
geflackt said:
I was also just about to ask for an update!!

My '06 RRS had been fine since early summer, but the shakes are back again along with the clunk in the steering when making turns. If I'm on perfectly smooth road, no shakes even all the way to 80mph. If I'm on roads with good size bumps, I really only feel the bumps. But if it's on uneven pavement with slight bumps, the wheels really gets to shaking. I have about 8k miles on Pirelli Scorpions.

I saw somewhere that the suspension, when working without issues, is described as jiggly. Does this sound right??

The shakes either feel like shocks/springs are shot, or could a frame mount be shot at the front?? Could the front end shake actually be caused by something at the rear??

Jason.

I'm told that the front sub-frame bushings are all backed orderd. I've been waiting for them for 3 weeks now.......

Did your bushings come in? If yes, did it fix your problem?

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Is there any update to this problem? I know it's an old thread, but my '08 has a slight side to side vibration in the steering wheel going over bumps and rough road. Doesn't shake at all if it's a smooth road.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The only time mine has not had the issues is when I have my aftermarket MMR wheels on that are much lighter. I've had all my tires Hunter Road Force balanced on two OEM sets of wheels and the vibration is always there at some level. They blamed it on out of round tires (stock Michs). Now that I have new tires and still have the issue with OEM wheels, I am taking it in in 2 weeks and telling them I ain't taking it back till the problem is fixed once and for all. At least the loaner is an LR4.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Any update to the original problem posted on page 1? Again, only get a steering shimmy over rough road or road imperfections, smooth roads = smooth steering.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts