RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
OK if it were me, I would ask them politely to escalate this and I would let them know that you are not leaving the building until this happens. Let them call the police if they have to physically move you out of the building. I would also call your local new station to let them know this is happening and get a camera down for action news reporting…...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Mark_CT said:
I would also call your local new station to let them know this is happening and get a camera down for action news reporting…...
:shock:

Before or after you hurl used spark plugs at the dealership windows?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
RoverfreakNH, this TSB just popped up on the GTR. Not sure if it applies to your situation and what the difference between M12 and M14 steering gear and ball joints is (I assume an improved version of both?), but the bulletin is so new it may be worth mentioning to your SA, since they have apparently tried just about everything else with no success... See enclosed, good luck and keep us posted.

Attachments

·
Banned
890 Posts
Thanks!!!!!

I'm heading there again tomorrow, I'll print this out and had it to the boneheads...... regional rep is going to look at it again, with some engineer they are dragging up from Mauwa, NJ from the Jag/LR NA HQ.

I might have a martini at lunch before i go see these boneheads....might make me less likely to rip their heads off lol

·
Banned
890 Posts
an update.......

NOW..

1.) Front upper and lower ball joints
2.) Tie rod ends
3.) Rack and pin steering box/assmbly
4.) Motor mounts
5.) Front sub frame bushings

annnnnndd STILL f#@@#[email protected]#@# VIBRATING!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Hey, what are they doing with all these good used parts??

If they have a tent sale one of these days, I may just drive over from VT.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I have no idea, but I'm suppose to drive it back over there tomorrow for someone else from LRNA to look at it now.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Well, an update, the newest LRNA rep and the regional technical rep have been working on my truck for 2 days. I got a call about an hour ago, that they are now replacing the touqe converter in the tranny, and harmonic balancer on the crank shaft tomorrow. They checked the alienment of the engine and tranny and they say it looks fine.

I told them if it doesn't fix the problem tomorrow, I'm going to be beyond ripshit tomorrow evening. I've been MORE than patient over the last 6-8 weeks dealing with this problem. They've had the truck longer than I have in the last 60 days. I also told them , all the NH lemon-law paperwork has been filled out and ready to be submitted. He said " well, we'll be calling LR tomorrow if what we want to try doesn't work tomorrow, we are both spending the night in NH to make sure we are here for the testing , parts have been overnighted and setup for delivery by 9am. We understand your fustrations, and we are going to come up with a fix one way or another. "

Also little did I know, that the dealer loaner car isn't suppose to go into canada. CA customs wouldn't let me over the boarder without state registration/ownership papers... LUCKY me, good excuse not to go to a meeting lol...Turned around and headed home. Was a FUN waste of 5 1/2 hours of driving and waiting in line to go threw CA customs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hows it feel to pay payments on a car that you dont drive?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Mark_CT said:
Hows it feel to pay payments on a car that you dont drive?
Ooh..that's a bit harsh, no?

But, like alimony payments to an ex-wife, I'd imagine.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
Also little did I know, that the dealer loaner car isn't suppose to go into canada. CA customs wouldn't let me over the boarder without state registration/ownership papers... LUCKY me, good excuse not to go to a meeting lol...Turned around and headed home. Was a FUN waste of 5 1/2 hours of driving and waiting in line to go threw CA customs.
Roverfreak,
When somebody say's "LR loaner vehicle," I immediately think of offroading. Unless they're mining the border now, you should try crossing over at one of the less patrolled spots next time. :D

·
Banned
890 Posts
Would be harsh IF I WAS making payments, But I'm not, Yes even with the economy the way it is, some people are still doing well and can pay off their loans in 6 months.

Point being, they better figure out whats wrong with it.. Or I'm done with this one, and I'll go get a grand cherokee for the upcoming winter, and see if they got the bugs out of the RRSC 2010. I saw the 2010 RRSSC last week at the dealer training, and I did NOT like the new grill or front bumper, front fog lamps look like an after thought, I did not like the cheap looking plastic on the doors, and they still didn't fix the front seats so that your not hunched over while driving. So I'll probably go back to a full size RR, once they are out and work some of the new bugs out of them.

·
Banned
890 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
RoverfreakNH said:
Roverfreak,
When somebody say's "LR loaner vehicle," I immediately think of offroading. Unless they're mining the border now, you should try crossing over at one of the less patrolled spots next time. :D

Naw... was a good excuse to not go to a meeting.... I was in a bad mood anyhow, so probably was a good thing that I wasn't able to make the meeting

·
Registered
219 Posts
What business are you in?

I'm in IT Consulting and things have changed in the past 9 years.....

·
Banned
890 Posts
Mark_CT said:
What business are you in?

I'm in IT Consulting and things have changed in the past 9 years.....
Director of Sales at a storage area networking company, supporting only " big blue" worldwide.

·
Registered
219 Posts
New Hampshire.....Big Blue.....

I get the picture.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Mark_CT said:
New Hampshire.....Big Blue.....

I get the picture.

New Hampshire = No State income or Sales Tax, low property tax :dance:

"' Big Blue"= travel to all of New England often, but also Logan airport knows me very very very well.

all the above= toys toys toys... and being single = even MORE toys :thumb:

·
Banned
890 Posts
Well, got the truck back this afternoon... and guess what.......... IT STILL F'N VIBRATES!! AND IT'S EVEN WORSE NOW!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was told be both LRNA technical reps that " LR will make good with you on this situation, They have the 18 page list of parts and labor that has been put into this truck,and are aware you are beyond upset with the resolution. They will be calling you mid-week with afew options for you "

so not happy right now...... But hey, they washed, dried, did the windows, vacumed it and it was full of gas when i got in it. I know for a fact the " Hey stupid, I need food " light was about to go on, when I dropped it off.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
So...now that you've had the S5 for a few months, does it stack up to everything they say about it...in a good way?

·
Registered
219 Posts
They better give dollar for dallor back on this car.
No depreciated value.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts