RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this post from sstlouis03 posted on 12/7/2014 and I am now having the same problem:

"Hey guys new to the forum and I have been looking for a similar problem but haven't been able to find one. I have a 2010 Range Rover hse. The controls for the menu on the steering wheel do not work. The ok button the up, down, left, right, none of them do anything. The phone controls work, the voice command button works and the heated steering wheel control works but I cannot access the dash menu at all. I purchased a whole new set of controls for the right side online and replaced them with no success, same issue as before. Thanks in advance"

Any suggestions regarding the cause and potential fix.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just to follow up....I finally took the Rover in to have this looked at. They needed to replace the left and right side steering wheel switches to fix the problem. Apparently this is know defect with the original buttons.

Here are the part numbers that were replaced: LR029648 and LR029643.

Everything is in proper working order now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 2010 Range Rover SC and my menu button on the steering wheel failed last month. I came across this message tread and found it very useful in my diagnosis of the problem and hope it can help others as well. I have had the vehicle since new and it's already 10 years old how time flies. It has just over 93K on it and other than routine maintenance it's been mostly trouble-free. For some reason, this menu button just irritated the heck out of me since I don't have access to any of the car settings. After reading this thread I decided to just buy the one control pack to see if it would fix the problem and it didn't so I bought the other control pack on the other side of the steering wheel which was working fine to see if it would fix the problem as Green Baeast said and it worked. The control packs are connected together with the wiring once you take the airbag and control packs off you can see them easily. It's a very straight forward fix. The part numbers above have been changed to new ones, maybe they fixed the problem that the old ones had....hope so anyway. The menu control pack cost about $250 with the heated steering wheel button and the other side costs about $300. So if you have this problem just buy bought control packs to fix the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts