RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently changed tires on new 275/40R20 OEMs and changed front rotors with pads, used OEM too. On a long trip noticed I get very sensible vibrations when applying brakes at 70mph.
Does not do this at lowers speeds or if you brake very lightly.
Is this related to tire balance or something else? Seems like people had similar issues here.
Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
770 Posts
The obvious place to look is wheel balance but the vibration would be there at a particular speed irrespective of whether the brakes were applied.

The other place to look is your front lower control arms - they could be starting to wear and they side fine when just driving along and when brakes are applied the control arms can vibrate.

Of course something could just be loose from when the brakes were done.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
808 Posts
That sounds to me like a flawed rotor.

Reactions: henryhe90404

·
Registered
770 Posts
Could be but if the rotor was warped the brakes would most likely pulsate with brake application at all speeds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for feedback. Yes, there's no vibration when applying brakes at any lower speeds.
I will check everything else. But I think that I have put everything together pretty good when swapped rotors and pad.
I need to learn what control arm is now )

·
Registered
770 Posts
I need to learn what control arm is now )
It is the lower suspension arm that connects the wheel hub to the chassis. The rubber bushes fail and can cause all sorts of vibrations and bangs.

Also a later thought - check your steering rack tie rod ends as these can cause the symptoms you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts