RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We recently had our drivers side steering knuckle fail while going about 30 mph over a transition from a paved road to a gravel road.
This was very low impact. I drove our jeep over this a 40 mph without any concern.
We were charged $5600 for the repair by the RR dealer in Albany NY. Our RR certified preowned warranty won't cover this as they say it is due to a collision and our automobile insurance won't cover it as they say they is no evidence of collision. There was no damage to the wheel or tire so our insurance company is correct.
Looking at the steering knuckle it appears that it was over torqued during assembly but this may also be a casting defect.
Anyone else experience this?
LRJ customer service is worthless to talk with as they are all caught up in "policy" and the staff you reach by phone are not interested or unpowered to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2013 l405 and the casting appears to have failed where bolted to the upper wishbone. LR saying must be collision damage but not chance in the 3 years I have had the car. Any advice most welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts