RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gooday All,

My TD6 seems to have developed a knock when taking large or fairly tight roundabouts.

Its not a series of knocks i.e knock knock knock :lol: , just one, which seems to be getting slightly louder? It doesnt always happen, just now and then, but it is quite concerning.

I have my car booked in for the 1st of March, but does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be in the meantime?

Done a quick search and could not find anything to this nature, so any advice is appreciated!

Matt `)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,309 Posts
Lower ball joint wear is quite common on our Range Rovers - so could be that, maybe? If you search for 'lower ball joint' you'll find plenty of references on here.

Phil

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats Phil! I will have a look.

I guess other potential things are cv joints, etc? I hope its not a dreaded diff issue as I have had the recall done `8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will make you's chuckle... the car was in for a tranmsssion oil change, and I asked them to look at the mysterious 'knock'.

It would appear land rover had not done the anti roll bar up after doing the diff recall recentley - so it was just hanging and knocking all over the place! :lol:
I write to them about this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts