Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get some clarification on what steering fluid to top off my 06 Range Rover with. I know the manual says Texaco, but what is the equivalent. I have a bottle of Pentosin 11s and the Pentosin 7.1. The 11s is synthetic and the 7.1 is mineral based. Can I use either one of these to top off? I could buy the GM equivalent, but I have the Pentosin in my garage. Thanks.

Doug

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,052 Posts
go to the dealer and buy the factory fluid ,
its special,
and if you mix other fluids together you will damage the pump and the rack

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ordered the Land Rover fluid from AB. Should be here tomorrow.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Merlin is dead on. THen again the only reason you would need to top off is if you have a leak. In 30+ years I don;t think I have ever had a car in need of power steering fluid.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No leaks, just at the min mark. Did an oil change this weekend, and everything was very clean, no signs of any leaks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't say my level is dropping, I said that my level was at the minimum mark. I have had the car two weeks, and it was like that when I bought it and I want to top it off. If the level drops after that, then I could consider checking for a leak.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the "special" Land Rover steering fluid today and topped off my resevoir. Interestingly, the color of the Land Rover fluid is green just like the Pentosin fluid that I already have. Coincidence, I think not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.