RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the steering box out of my 94 lwb rr classic and put a new seal kit in it. I put the seal kit in with no hiccups. However, when I was putting it back on yesterday I seem to have misplaced the bushing or spacer that goes on the tie bar as it gets installed. I cant find either a part number or a picture of this part, but with the amount of space and lack of wear on the bar I figured it must have been there and I misplaced it. can anyone help with either a picture of that I'm missing, or a part number . I'm attaching a picture from the parts book (it is part 9 in the image) https://i.imgur.com/dBD5vVn.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
8 Posts
If i remember right, there is no bush in there. Think it's only there to give a bit of side to side support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that seems odd, but so do a lot of things on the rover. I thought for sure that there had to be a bronze bushing because the i.d. of the of the part is goes through and the o.d. of the tie bar aren't even close to being the same size. There's probably a half an inch or more of difference. I'll measure it tomorrow and try to take some pictures when I'm back out there working on it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
well that seems odd, but so do a lot of things on the rover. I thought for sure that there had to be a bronze bushing because the i.d. of the of the part is goes through and the o.d. of the tie bar aren't even close to being the same size. There's probably a half an inch or more of difference. I'll measure it tomorrow and try to take some pictures when I'm back out there working on it.
yes it does fit loose as the bushing is oversize, the 2 bolts on the box are secured first and then the stud. it is meant as a support versus a mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts