RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 RR V8 is arriving in two weeks and I just noticed my dealer made a mistake and ordered it with the Drive Pro Pack the which from what I read, does not have the steering assist option.

Anyone have a 2019 and is it that big of a deal that I should refuse the order? Pretty annoyed and wondering
if I should spend $127k on something that doesn’t have what I originally wanted.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Totally a personal choice. Most folks I know could care less about steering assist in any make of rig. If the lack of it is annoying you, insist the dealer find a way to fix his issue.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
I agree. It is personal choice.

I have steering assist in my cars but actually never use it. From my point of view it is the least necessary driving assistant. In a Tesla it is a different Story. They are much closer to a self driving car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have it on mine, and it is pretty useful, especially on longer commutes. It works on pretty much any kind of road and will happily steer you round corners. It does occasionally turn itself off so you do have to keep an eye on it though!

Ultimately totally agree it’s personal choice, although if the dealers missed it off I would argue with them and see if you can get it for the same price.

I’ve also found that occasionally the stop and go element decides to stop working entirely in heavy traffic and you have to take over. Also if you turn it off in slow traffic, you can’t turn it back on until you get over about 10 Mph.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 18 with ACC was able to turn it back on with 10mph, but 19 with Streering Assist need to get over 15mph.... I don't really see point why they change this. Also I am having issue with low speed traffic usage, do you see warning sign (driver intervene) and sound? it's very annoying for me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts