RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new line on purchasing 16x8 steel wheels.

Depending on shipping and customs, they'll be about $50 each, so $250 for 5 plus freight to you.

If there's enough actual interest I'll order a carton of 50, so enough for 10 trucks (or more if some only want 4 wheels).

I can specify backspacing and color but only one type per order so I need some opinions and a consensus.

Chrome or Black?

Stock backspacing or +2" (same as all the others sell for $90)?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Not that I would be buying a set, but in the chrome vs black debate, my experience with the chrome is that they rust rather quickly if you don't keep up on them. At least with the black you can touch them up pretty easily with a rattle can. That being said, if you get the chrome ones hub deep in sand they will effectively sandblast themselves and get the rust off. :think:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Shue.

What's the steel wheels offset measurement ? I've seen another member on this P38's page from Washington State run a black -35mm offset set with problems !

By the way, I had look at your web-site and you've got some pretty cool stuff for aftermarket replacements - would like to see some urethane coil spring isolators.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vinniman said:
Shue.

What's the steel wheels offset measurement ?
That's the question, I can order them in any offset I want, but what do you guys want? I would prefer stock offset so the tires fit into the fender-wells as designed, but I'm not the only one putting these on a Rover (hopefully)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I would be interested in a set of 15s in black

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would seriously consider a set in black. Let me think about that one. As for the offset, I'm not familiar with what many people run, but I would agree that stock offset allows them to fit into the fenders... that being said, a set of 33's might not fit into the wheel wells very well anyway... :think:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems to be limited interest, minimum order is 40 rims, so 10 sets of 4, or 8 of 5 or somewhere inbetween....

IF I can get 5 definate yes's and a consensus on size, I'll order them. If you're interested, speak up!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone else? The quote request is about to expire, I have one definite, 4 more and I can order or this idea will be shelved.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Maybe you could get a little more response on a Disco board.

Now, if you were selling 22's bling bling with matching spinner necklaces, you'd be onto something here. :doh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
wish I hadent sold my grabber uhp's they were almost new but couldnt find reasonable $ rims at the time.
I wanted a more a/t for winter here in MN.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts