RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this post is not out of line, but I felt this info may be of use to other UK members, it's as follows, a chap on ebay has acquired a job lot of brand new genuine boxed blower motors
and he has listed them for £10 a pair + £7 postage, they only took a couple of days to arrive and are the genuine article and working, a bargain at a fiver each, I've just fitted new brushes
to mine at £8.52 for the two pair of brushes and didn't consider that much to repair two twenty year old motors.

Merry Christmas to you all

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi
Unable to locate on ebay item number quoted not recognised
What am i doing wrong?
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
They've all sold now, that's why the item number doesn't work.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,439 Posts
I have just ordered 2. Feedback on Ebay shows they have sold about 20 pairs so far.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My pair arriv d this morning brand new stating stc4304 without dragging out rave dunno what if any difference there is to part number stc4305 both power up fine

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
LHD ones spin the opposite way and the fan is different, so if they are definitely STC4304, send them back (assuming your car is RHD).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Good spot, scimitar.......
So, this is a Lot sale of NAS heater fans??
Why am I not surprised to find that LR designed such a standard, hidden part differently for LHD and RHD?, not that air cares which way the fans spin.
(Opposite direction for Australia, sure, but not for Northern Hemisphere dwellers:thumb:)

I suspect the seller knows this and this is why they are so cheap! (Useless in UK)
I was actually thinking of picking up a pair but was afraid they would be Brit spec 3405 units.
For about 45 bucks with shipping here, is a good deal if they are indeed all NAS?
It would be a bummer to have them on the shelf waiting to be needed only to find that they are the wrong part after tearing out the old one.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Oh well buyer beware. accurately described as stc 4304 my own stupid fault not checking part numbers before buying

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
They aren't LH Drive, RH Drive - the air intake/blower/HEVAC system is the same for all P38s... They are however LH SIDE/ RH SIDE - as the blower blades are in different directions as RichardG mentions.

I'm guessing it's because the blower outlets both point towards the inside of the vehicle. Each vehicle should have ONE STC4304 and ONE STC4305

If you have one of each and put them next to each other, the vanes on the blower curve in opposite directions.

I seem to recall a thread on here awhile ago which discussed this and might have had some pictures too?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Now that makes a bit more sense.
So, not having rebuilt one yet, but knowing the PNs of the transistors etc from previous posts, would it not be possible to take the vanes (squirrel cage) from an old one, and the new motor and speed control, and put them together?
Of course, you would also need to reverse the motor wiring, but that would get you a new LH or RH using new wear parts.

Still a great deal even if you gave away the second one:dance:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can I put a end to some of these stupid post about it being for a LHD car, I have just fitted one in my car, a RHD 2001 Dse. In the right hand side, it works fine and all I had to do was change the single connector as this is different,
The unit works good without any issues.

K

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You could put an end to the discussion, if the discussion had not already ended viz the LHD vs RHD purported issue.....
We all worked out that these are two different part numbers for the LH and RH fans.
several posts ago.......
Let us know how you get along putting the second one in on the Left side of your RHD Dse.....

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
There have been no stupid posts sunshine. I bought two blowers off Ebay as others did without checking the part number first.
They were very, very cheap; like £5 each brand new. Full price is over £200 each. The confusion arose because of whether they were either LH fitting or for a LHD drive car.
I have a 2000 DSE and I entered my VIN into Microcat to check they were indeed for a LHD car. Microcat confirmed they did not fit my RHD car.
A lot of us on here experienced with p38's were not aware that there are different blower motors depending upon which part of the world they are sold.
What you have done is simply reversed the direction of rotation by altering the polarity. The vanes on the fan are still angled in the wrong direction so the air flow will be much reduced.
Thanks anyway, it saves me a job, I was going to try changing the polarity. I was also going to pull the fan rotor off and replace it with the original but it looks a bit fragile to pull off.

Addendum: Thanks Bolt. Couldn't have put it better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a electrical engineer, I have not change anything on the motor other than a connector that is a diffrent type.

The motor blades where the right way round and the direction of the fan is the sam as the old one.

Thanks sunshine

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to confirm, I have just replaced both of mine and checked the original ones removed, all are Valeo without part nos. the numbers are on the box label, all the fans and units are exactly identical, at least on mine and the part numbers were STC4305 on the box. I have no reason to think they may have been replaced before as I have had the P38 for 13 years and it's late Dec 1999, so only 19 years old.

Cheers John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts