Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear window and lift gate on my new range rover sport is always really dirty within a day of being cleaned. The station wagon effect on my truck seems worse than the a 1960's wagon.

Does any other owner have this problem? I can't imagine that they designed the truck with this flaw, but want to know if this is just me or a vehicle wide issue??

Please advise

·
Registered
341 Posts
You didn't get the rotisserie option? The cyclonic effect allows you to cook a roast to perfection on a hot day back there.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Now the serious answer.... yes. lots of low pressure behind this car sucking dirt, water, and even the condensation from the cold exhaust up onto the rear of the vehicle.

I think mud flaps would help with the side moldings but I think the rear aerodynamics are responsible for the deposition of friable soils and droplets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
when i drive on a desert dirt road i could see a cloud of dust behind my car in the rear view mirror and the back side is covered with dirt within seconds. on the highway or in city it stays clean for a few days.
think LRs are meant to get dirty and not designed to stay clean.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Now the serious answer.... yes. lots of low pressure behind this car sucking dirt, water, and even the condensation from the cold exhaust up onto the rear of the vehicle.

I think mud flaps would help with the side moldings but I think the rear aerodynamics are responsible for the deposition of friable soils and droplets.
Mud flaps do help. I ran for the fist 500 miles without them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The worst location on my Fuji White RRS is in the rear licence plate area. The section is very flat and protected from wind so any dirt or water on the car that gets there tends to stick.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My Fuji White tail end also looks filthy within hours of getting a car wash and driving around local dusty streets.

In the winter, the exhaust rises right up against the rear window and blocks my vision.

The rear window is nearly impossible to keep clean and gets sooo dusty.

Poor aerodynamics ?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
rich people problems
You definitely stole my response with this. I was gonna say this is by far the most first world problem I have ever heard of. Waa waa, I can't keep my $100k car clean , waa. All kidding aside though, I do take mine to the carwash nearly twice as many times as I did my 2010.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My Fuji White tail end also looks filthy within hours of getting a car wash and driving around local dusty streets.

In the winter, the exhaust rises right up against the rear window and blocks my vision.

The rear window is nearly impossible to keep clean and gets sooo dusty.

Poor aerodynamics ?
I'm glad I opted against Fuji White. It was a contender of color options... but in the end Loire Blue won.

Yes, the rear window and tailgate get dirty; but I just wipe them with a Microfiber cloth every few days. No big.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those of us with first gen RRS can confirm that they are the same; driving on clean roads somehow miraculously produces dirt on the rear window, so it's not an issue specific to the Mk II.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
It is the same with all Land Rover vehicles. I totally loved the 1st world problem comments.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts