RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is getting worse. Starts fine when cold but once in a while it takes ten to twenty seconds of cranking to start and a few times it has died while at idle. Fuel pressure in the rail seems about normal, recent filter change. Put in an aftermarket (NAPA) fuel pump last summer. Wonder if it could be the fuel pump since others have reported some problems with stuffing another pump in the old pump housing.

As far as I know it is the original injectors and we are getting close to 300,000 miles. Any way to trouble shoot them? Does the fuel injection test kit from Harbor Freight handle a Rangie?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned the IACV when this started again. The last code we had was for the left O2 sensor and after it came back on a few times after cleaning the wire connection we replaced it...no new codes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
sanmigmike said:
The problem is getting worse. Starts fine when cold but once in a while it takes ten to twenty seconds of cranking to start and a few times it has died while at idle. Fuel pressure in the rail seems about normal, recent filter change. Put in an aftermarket (NAPA) fuel pump last summer. Wonder if it could be the fuel pump since others have reported some problems with stuffing another pump in the old pump housing.

As far as I know it is the original injectors and we are getting close to 300,000 miles. Any way to trouble shoot them? Does the fuel injection test kit from Harbor Freight handle a Rangie?

we had that problem on older bmw, and it was fuel pump relay .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts