RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I have been having intermittent starting problems on 06 RR sport. Fix one thing problems go away only to reappear months later.

Problem is, turn key car does not start.

First it was clicking so changed battery. Worked for a while & stopped. So I replaced corroded negative battery terminal. Same thing. Then I replaced chassis to ground neg cable. Same. Finally got tired of it & changed starter. Also alternator charging circuit is working properly.

So no problems for a good 4 months. Now I go to start & nothing and now car will not shift out of park. For now can fix by disconnecting battery & trying again. Starts up just fine.

So I assume it's the immobilizer ecu.

So I will check fuses but any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
Arose, you may try this, and before you lough do remember we are dealing wit the British car here.

"
Quirky Starting
Sometimes when I try to start my 2011 TDV8 I just get a click and no start even though I have a fully charged brand new AGM battery.

I read in the WSM that if you put your windscreen wipers on and try again it might start. It does!! How on earth does that work. " and the link to the British forum
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic46418.html

:thumb:

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Look up the threads dealing with bad brake switches. If the brake switch is worn or broken, it will not recognize your foot on the brake to allow starting. Also, try starting it in Neutral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!

Jhartz I'll find the thread & report back. I can't shift to get in to Neutral. Would your bake lights be out?

Buba nothing would surprise me at this point.

I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed brake light switch. Same issues starting at first, but when finally able to change gears started fine. Then could not replicate problem. The truck had thrown a few random hdc errors before that had always cleared upon restarting the vehicle. So maybe this was involved all allowing.

Anyway so far so good.

Thanks again Jhartz!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts