RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the site and not very technical at all, i have a problem with my p38 i started it up no issues, then i touched the brake complete power loss i mean everything! so i turned it off it would not turn back on so i got out then i locked it with the key then opened it again key in ignition and it started no problem i then turned my headlights on low it was fine then high it then had complete power loss again im hoping maybe a loose connection on battery or maybe something to do with the central locking, now i know there has been alot of cash thrown at this by the previous owner but also rubbish repairs made as ive had my mechanic redo alot of jobs with still more to do i love the car despite the problems ive had so wont be giving up on her does anyone have any idear or thoughts to what may be the issue? thanks lloyd. its the 2.5 1997

·
Registered
483 Posts
check for loose connections especially earths . did the previous owner have this problem what other problems have you fixed or need to fix , may be relevant .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ive had all the leaks you can have! Lets put it this way the previous owner told a load of rubbish i was following the car back my otherhalf was driving it was pulling to the left badly got it home tracking was way out trans oil cooler slow drip oil leaks from eveywhere ive got most things sorted,

he had put a button under the dash for the glow plugs looks like hes messed with the central locking as he must of had starting issues ive just moved the positive on the battery a couple of wires connected to it one moves very easy will tighten in the morning the engine sounds good done a couple of thousand in 4-5 months,

its been put on springs the cables for the airbag system have just been cut! im going to have bags put on once this problem and the new trans oil cooler are done its going to my mechanic in the morning,

my mate said previous owner has bodged a few things as there must of been a issue he couldnt solve so he must of bypassed the problem but inturn causeing more isues it just needs to last another year before another engine goes in.

·
Registered
549 Posts
First, add your location in UK. Maybe someone nearby can help.

There is only a double switch on the brake pedal for brake lights & cruise de-activation, so it cannot be the cause.

Most likely the loom connected to ignition switch has a bad connection, and is being pulled by the brake pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts