Range Rovers Forum banner

Starter?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  viperover 
#1 ·
Was getting slower and slower but, would turn over the engine.(After a month) Now just clicks . I charged the battery.
Did the starter finally go bad with oil leaking on the starter?

I did have problems with the locks opening and locking while driving. RF device ?

#2 ·
Have you checked your cable connecctions yet? Naturally most people check out their grounds as a first line electrical gremlin. However the positive cable runs from battery to starter then to the alternator. A corroded starter connection can really foul things up. I would clean up your grounds and battery cables and charge up your battery. If this gets things up and running do the electrical tests in the stickie above and let us know what you come up with.

#4 ·
bluechip1 said:
Was getting slower and slower but, would turn over the engine.(After a month) Now just clicks . I charged the battery.
Did the starter finally go bad with oil leaking on the starter?

I did have problems with the locks opening and locking while driving. RF device ?
In my rover my rf receiver was running down my battery, I hope thats what is I'm 90% sure because before I started disconnecting it the battery was slowly draining and it would crank more and more to start until it started and then once I drove it good distance the battery would charge and then if i left it for like an hour it would start up fine but over night the battery would drain so much that i couldn't even start it.

#5 ·
rrtoadhall said:
the positive cable runs from battery to starter then to the alternator.
GEMS yes, requires official cable upgrade
Bosch no, alt already directly connected to battery, no mod required

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.