RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just got a new (to me) 2011 Sport S/C. I've owned a few classics but this is my first foray into the big leagues.

Car won't crank, but one look underneath showed a promising hypothesis: the starter was dangling, unattached from the engine block. We pulled the starter and bench tested it, totally dead. So it looks like this repair was halted right in the middle? Curious. Either way, a new starter is on the way.

However, we noticed that the starter has a hose nipple on it, and theres a suspiciously cut piece of hose dangling near where the starter should go. I've never seen this before. Where does it go? I'll likely need to source a new one, so it would be good to know if it needs to be a certain temperature rating.

Also- does anyone know the size and pitch of the bolts that mount the starter? Those are missing too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
The hose is a breather tube that heads up to the top of the transmission (when your going through a stream or wading in water)
bolts should be 8mm diameter with size 13mm hex-head pitch ? but you'll need two nuts anyway so get whatever is available to
you. Top bolt is about 2 inches in length and the bottom bolt is about 4-5 inches in length.
You can check these measurements when you under the vehicle.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
The hose is a breather tube that heads up to the top of the transmission (when your going through a stream or wading in water)
bolts should be 8mm diameter with size 13mm hex-head pitch ? but you'll need two nuts anyway so get whatever is available to
you. Top bolt is about 2 inches in length and the bottom bolt is about 4-5 inches in length.
You can check these measurements when you under the vehicle.
Sorry, should be 10mm bolts smaller top bolt ~ 50mm in length and bottom bolt ~125mm in length

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts