·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Started a MoveOn petition to update the Infortainment System

ekh, partner with Intel? Really? The company who does nothing with UI? All I want is a software update that will make it less sluggish

·
Banned
144 Posts

wow. you really started a MoveOn petition about this.

really.

really?

wow...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

wow. you really started a MoveOn petition about this.

really.

really?

wow...
We got 5 people :) We need 50. That's not a bad start for the first day. I haven't even shared it on the FFRR forum yet. Do it kinddog! You never know man! If it means it'll somehow find it's way to the top brass...
The real reason I did this is because my dealer is actually quite proud of how great the system is. That tells me they're kinda clueless as to what us owners actually think of it. And when you really think about it, it makes sense. Nearly everyone that works for JLR cannot afford an RR anyway. So they're not as picky as we are. They probably see the infotainment system as just a minor thing where most of us actual buyers have considered not getting the car for just this reason. It did cross my mind until I head the V8 :)

Anyway, it can't hurt.

·
Registered
458 Posts

My little track Focus ST with MyFord Touch makes the new Land Rovers look like my old Denali nav. That thing is primitive!

Thanks TRez.
SIGNED!

·
Banned
144 Posts

We got 5 people :) We need 50. That's not a bad start for the first day. I haven't even shared it on the FFRR forum yet. Do it kinddog! You never know man! If it means it'll somehow find it's way to the top brass...
The real reason I did this is because my dealer is actually quite proud of how great the system is. That tells me they're kinda clueless as to what us owners actually think of it. And when you really think about it, it makes sense. Nearly everyone that works for JLR cannot afford an RR anyway. So they're not as picky as we are. They probably see the infotainment system as just a minor thing where most of us actual buyers have considered not getting the car for just this reason. It did cross my mind until I head the V8 :)

Anyway, it can't hurt.
whatever rocks your boat... but i do believe you should use www.change.org ... not MoveOn. their petitions are for political change.

·
Registered
458 Posts

whatever rocks your boat... but i do believe you should use www.change.org ... not MoveOn. their petitions are for political change.
Don't you understand that by changing this infotainment system, the political climate of the world will undergo a massive shift? I mean, by actually making things intuitive in its operation, dogs and cats will live together in peace and harmony. Wars will end. All because we were able to use that infotainment system better. Stand up and fight! Fight for what is right... like a new infotainment system. Ha ha ha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rover partners with Intel???

Oh my lord, now I truly have no hope that Land Rover/Range Rover will ever get a decent infotainment system. What the hell does Intel know about this? The problems with the Rover systems are not due to the chips - they're due to incredibly lame software and design, both things that Intel has no expertise in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts