RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must have been discussed on the forum before but I have searched and not turned up the goods! If someone can give me a link, that may save reinventing the wheel?

What is the standard ride height for my 1996 P38 DSE? 'Googling' has turned up 31.75" front and 32" rear - but that does not correspond with where mine sits. RAVE seems to just give the difference from 'standard height' to high, low and access, refering the set up of standard to testbook??? Neeless to say I dont have the landrover height setting tool, but may well turn a set up if i cant get the height properly, as I did find a drawing for them in my searching.

Perhaps fortunately [!?!] i have not been able to get the EAS system to retain any new height settings dialed in using the Storey Wilson software - I have watched the tutorial videos on his site. I do get the system to respond to change but it does not retain the new settings when write button is pressed. Instead once the system is recycled it reverts to the original settings.

I noticed after changing the front airbags that the front end sits lopsided a bit - 0.5" difference let to right. It may well have been that way before the bag change, I cant say, just noticed it afterwards. Hence the desire to recalibrate the system.

Gordon

·
Registered
57 Posts
My standard height blocks are 100mm for the front and 105mm for rear. Distance measured between underside of the knob which holds the bump stop in place to the top of the axle pad. The distances from ground to wheel arch or hub cap to wheel arch vary according to which wheel you measure and none are the same. I wouldnt rely on measuring to any point on the bodywork, stick with axle to chassis.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, somehow I didnt think I was going to be able to set this up without the blocks, should be fairly easy to do once I make some up.

Any thoughts as to why the height settings I previously was trying wouldnt save tothe EAS system???

Gordon

·
Registered
922 Posts
My standard height blocks are 100mm for the front and 105mm for rear. Distance measured between underside of the knob which holds the bump stop in place to the top of the axle pad. The distances from ground to wheel arch or hub cap to wheel arch vary according to which wheel you measure and none are the same. I wouldnt rely on measuring to any point on the bodywork, stick with axle to chassis.
Absolutely correct advice :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts