Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been messing around with the rover when I have time. This week I replaced the faded lettering front and back and went with black to match the grill.

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

Today I also replaced one of the front struts with Arnott AS-3368 to get rid of clunking, I'll do the 2nd next week as doing the first wore my ass out. The clunking is already gone, but have to do both. Remarkably the struts were original @ 102k miles.

Lately I've been getting a random "Engine Systems Fault" error. No codes are stored and the car doesn't go into limp mode. It's just annoying. Knowing that this could be a harbinger of things to come, I decided to see how old the battery was.

The battery is original from May 2014! Granted my stop/start only worked like once or twice and I have a new aux battery waiting, looks like I'll replace the main battery also and see if the error goes away. It's way past service life. Have any of you replaced the battery with one from autozone etc? Or should I stick to OEM?

Oh yeah, always make sure your jackstands are secured... almost bought the farm today.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
795 Posts
Recently replaced the battery in mine, it was also from the factory, circa 2015.

I got a Varta AGM 658 G14, but any good brand AGM 658 will do.

Don't bother about OEM, it's just a rebranded Exide, and the stealers will charge you almost double the retail price.

Reactions: fuddy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Cleared the engine systems fault. Turned out to be a cheap non OEM starter button. Replaced it with OEM and haven't had the error since (200+) miles and counting. Also got a new batteries and start/stop works again.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
So I've been messing around with the rover when I have time. This week I replaced the faded lettering front and back and went with black to match the grill.

View attachment 300329

Today I also replaced one of the front struts with Arnott AS-3368 to get rid of clunking, I'll do the 2nd next week as doing the first wore my ass out. The clunking is already gone, but have to do both. Remarkably the struts were original @ 102k miles.

Lately I've been getting a random "Engine Systems Fault" error. No codes are stored and the car doesn't go into limp mode. It's just annoying. Knowing that this could be a harbinger of things to come, I decided to see how old the battery was.

The battery is original from May 2014! Granted my stop/start only worked like once or twice and I have a new aux battery waiting, looks like I'll replace the main battery also and see if the error goes away. It's way past service life. Have any of you replaced the battery with one from autozone etc? Or should I stick to OEM?

Oh yeah, always make sure your jackstands are secured... almost bought the farm today.

@fuddy

Jack Stands are always a good/majorly solid idea under the sub-frame rails for sure. I am paranoid so I use a pair of 3 ton low profile jacks as Primary's flush up against the sub-frame rails... then I make good use of the other safe jacking points too because the same has almost happened to me. Being legit certified as a true claustraphobic as well makes one redundant safety oriented too.

So what happened exactly with your incident if you don't mind recalling?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@fuddy

Jack Stands are always a good/majorly solid idea under the sub-frame rails for sure. I am paranoid so I use a pair of 3 ton low profile jacks as Primary's flush up against the sub-frame rails... then I make good use of the other safe jacking points too because the same has almost happened to me. Being legit certified as a true claustraphobic as well makes one redundant safety oriented too.

So what happened exactly with your incident if you don't mind recalling?
When I put torque on one of the nuts to get the air shock out the entire truck slid and fell off the jack. Luckily I had a jack stand under but not touching the frame rails. The car landed on the jack stand. **** my pants though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts