RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

My Ranger Rover is a 2002 4.4 Vogue with 170oookm's on the car. Tonight when i arrived at home and parked the car it stalled when i put here in to P. Tried it a couple of times and it didn't matter if i switched from R or D into either N or P. When switched the rev's dropped down to very low and the engine stalled. I gave it a couple of more tries and it behaved the same or just managed to keep idling.If it just managed to stay alive the rev's dropped down to very low values and then revved up to a bit more then a 1000 and then settled to normal values. After standing still for about 10 minutes it behaved normal again.
Anybody an idea what the reason for this behaviour can be? I searched the site allready but could not find anything, the only thing that i saw was the opposite, stalling when put into gear.

I'm gratefull for your answers, kind regards Rolf

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
252 Posts
I think this could mean a bad MAF.. Off the top of my head. I had the same issue and replacing the MAF fixed it, long time ago so I may be wrong...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, i'll keep it in mind. I was looking around on other boards and was thinking of a dirty throttle body. Could that be a reason for these symptoms?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i will have a look at the fuel pressure but first i will clean the T/B . It looks rather dirty inside.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
has the fuel filter ever been replaced?
if not thats where I would start it also contains the fuel pressure regulator.
Has an intake refresh ever been done?
The front and rear intake manifold gaskets get hard as do the intake manifold to heads
also consider swapping in a a new valley pan.

Get some MAF cleaner at the store clean out the MAF ,
use some carb cleaner on a rag to clean out the throttle plate

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your respons. I cleaned the throttle body yesterday,:). What an improvement, no more stalling and it feels better all the way. Your advise about the fuel filter is the next thing on the to-do-list together with new spark plugs. If this will give the same improvement, i will keep the car for the rest of my life;-)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't believe the hype. With a little love and the right treatment these vehicles are just awesome. I love mine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts