RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started recently but all the sudden when I’m driving down the road it seems like my engine is killing itself for some reason at low rpms. The battery light and oil light come on and my car just dies with no power. I was looking at the forums earlier and it was recommended to change the camshaft position sensor which I did but it had little to no effect on the stalling issue. If anyone has an idea what this is please reply. Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems like this happens the hotter the engine gets, when I start it up when it hasn’t been running it’s been working fine but if I drive it around all day it constantly stalls

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a similar issue with mine (4.4 Full sized RR) stalling when coming to a stoplight/low rpms. Found it to be a dirty throttle body plate. Took the thing off and hosed it down with some carb cleaner and used a toothbrush to clean off all of the grime. It's been fine ever since. Took all of about 30 mins from start to finish. You might want to take a few mins to take off the intake hose, flip the butterfly valve to look at the backside. If it's dirty, go ahead and give it a clean. It won't hurt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts