RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into putting a stainless steel exhaust system with Flowmaster mufflers and high flow cat's on my 01 4.6 HSE and asked for a price quote from Flowmaster and was told that my rig came stock with stainless pipes so all I need to replace would be the mufflers and cat's.
So obviously my question is, does anyone know if this is true? I've searched the post's and Rave and can't find any mention of this fact. So I'm looking into the Rangerovers.net crystal ball to find the truth. :think:

·
Registered
494 Posts
i feel like i read somewhere on this board some special editions had some stainless components. i know the callaway had stainless tips at least...may have been more.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's guy's, I didn't think so. Short of putting the truck up in the air and going at the pipe's with a piece of steel whool to see what it's made of I really didn't think it was stainless. The guy from Flowmaster that contacted me was full of it. Cheers, T. :x

·
Registered
494 Posts
ok i just hunted down the post that says the callaway had a stainless center muffler and tips. i don't believe anything else was stainless. next time i'm out there screwing around i'll crawl under and look. when my 02 hse took a dive, i took the rear portions of the exhaust and put them on my callaway b/c they were fine, and portions of the callaway were shot out when i got it. i've always planned to replace it with stainless. only problem is now, the dam* oem components are holding strong. once they go i'm going straight to magnaflow or borla. can anyone verify whether the callaway did have stainless center muffler? and if so, do i only need to replace rearward from that with stainless when my current system finally goes?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
If you are friendly with your local dealership, call the parts department and find out if the VIN for your Callaway shows a different part number for the exhaust section, to a standard 4.6HSE of the same year.

If you aren't friendly, PM me the VIN and I will take a look on Microcat on Monday.

·
Registered
494 Posts
thanks rich. i'm running 02 hse components rearward of the center pipe b/c they were in better shape than the callaway's when the 02 got garaged. whatever came stock from that point forward is definitely compatible b/c she's purring like a kitten. she'll sound even better when i go stainless. as i said earlier, the 02 parts on there have an annoying habit of remaining perfectly intact, despite their age and amount of salting in my area. when they die, i move to steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts