RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stability Control Not Available Drive With Care - Warning Message

Could use some help here. I've been getting this error message. Has popped up after awhile on the highway usually but has also been seen in the car while cold. I've brought the car in for service but I've been told everything is normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: Stability Control Not Available Drive With Care - Warning Message

Don't think the handbrake stays on. It always self-disengages when shifting out of Park.
Just noticed it in the pic... perhaps he applied the Park brake while still in Drive.

I often do this at a long signal light, or at a drive-thru.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Just noticed it in the pic... perhaps he applied the Park brake while still in Drive.

I often do this at a long signal light, or at a drive-thru.
Got that message once along with "gearbox fault" and audible warning after washing my car using water jet. Turn it off, then waited little bit, then back and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No the brakes aren't on. First the little warning light on the right goes on, the traction control icon, and then the brake light icon goes on. Then the warning message appears. It's happened multiple times so I've made sure I don't have the parking brake engaged. The parking brake will automatically disengage if left on after you shift into drive in any event. The dealer Manhattan RR has been quite useless so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Taking it in to the shop again tomorrow. Hope they figure it out.

·
Registered
341 Posts

If your traction control was actually failing your dealer would be getting a fault code. Sounds like a loose connection of some sort or water intrusion as mentioned.

Throw your truck around and see if you lose traction. You'll know for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The service manager explained to me that this message means the system is working. This is evidently, according to them, how the system is supposed to work. Has anyone else ever seen this message? It's been my experience with previous cars that the little car icon with the curves lights up and lets you know Stability Control is kicking in. I find it very hard to believe this is functioning properly. I've asked for documentation on the issue.

·
Registered
341 Posts

The service manager explained to me that this message means the system is working. This is evidently, according to them, how the system is supposed to work. Has anyone else ever seen this message? It's been my experience with previous cars that the little car icon with the curves lights up and lets you know Stability Control is kicking in. I find it very hard to believe this is functioning properly. I've asked for documentation on the issue.
Unless you turn your traction control off and get a warning message, there is no reason for a message like that to come up. And unless the factory has changed the "traction control off" message, I've never seen anything like that when I switch my traction control off. I call BS on the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

At the dealer again today and was once again assured that this was perfectly normal. I've gotten ahold of someone from RR Customer relations so hopefully this will be resolved successfully. Here are the relevant pages from my manual . Looks like I've got both issues.

IMG_3135.jpg IMG_0004.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Once again I was assured that this is quite normal by the service rep. It's his last day on the job so my plan is to check in on Monday. I'm hoping I'll wake up and realize I was just dreaming. Anyone out there getting these warnings?

·
Registered
329 Posts

Once again I was assured that this is quite normal by the service rep. It's his last day on the job so my plan is to check in on Monday. I'm hoping I'll wake up and realize I was just dreaming. Anyone out there getting these warnings?
Go to another dealer, these guys sound like idiots. That is obviously not normal...

·
Banned
901 Posts

you're power is likely low somewhere. First things I'd check is the electrical system the voltages when on should be above 14v and off should be very close to 12v. Classic symptoms of not enough 12v in a Range

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

you're power is likely low somewhere. First things I'd check is the electrical system the voltages when on should be above 14v and off should be very close to 12v. Classic symptoms of not enough 12v in a Range
Thanks. Sounds like a good place to start. I suppose I also need a recommendation for a competent dealer near the NYC area.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Try Paul Miller or Prestige, I left Manhattan for a competent service department and both have good reviews.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Great news I was finally able to replicate this error on demand. Realized that this was just happening in the rain. Pressing the windshield spritzer/wipers produced the same error. That was enough for them to work with and find the problem. Still took two days in the shop. Turns out a ground under the fuse box wasn't grounded. Oh and I was in Providence RI and had taken it to Jake Kaplan's. They couldn't have been nicer, quite the change from Manhattan.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Great news I was finally able to replicate this error on demand. Realized that this was just happening in the rain. Pressing the windshield spritzer/wipers produced the same error. That was enough for them to work with and find the problem. Still took two days in the shop. Turns out a ground under the fuse box wasn't grounded. Oh and I was in Providence RI and had taken it to Jake Kaplan's. They couldn't have been nicer, quite the change from Manhattan.
How much was it I’m having the same issue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts