RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can't anyone shed some light on a cornering problem with my range rover sport sc 2005, when I go round a right hand bend varying speeds 30mph -60mph dry or wet weather the stability Controll kicks in and feels like the front end is drifting. The only changes I have made recently is to rotate rear tires to the font and correct all tire pressures. This doesn't happen every time I go round the same corner and it's not a very tight corner and also doesn't happen on a left hand corner. Thanks Martin, UK

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I had similar issue in my Sequoia. Turned out to be combination of bad ABS sensor and yaw sensor causing the system to think The truck was skidding. I wonder if there are any codes in your system.

'06 RRS LUX

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No faults registered in the system which makes it harder for the garage to diagnose.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Most likely the tires are nearing the end of their life and have little tread left in them. As they skid, the traction control is kicking in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires are only 8 moths old and have min 6mm tread left. The only difference is they are cooper tires and not general grabbers that were on the front originally, all I have done is swap front to back to even tread wear.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Interesting...And for sure all of them are the same size?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
"...on the front originally." So they are all coopers or are you know running a mix of coopers and grabbers? They all have appx the same rolling circumference?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
Can you confirm as follows:

1) Is the tire width the same all around?

Provide the XXX/XX R XX you read on your tire

2) What are your air pressures?

3) When is the last time you did an alignment?

4) Are they the same exact brand (the ones you rotated)?

5) Stock wheels, I understand. If not, make sure your offsets are the same (ET).

6) Get it on a dash cam / video if you can. Make you simply push your slip angle too far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes all tires are 275/40/20 all on original RRSSC alloys, when the grabber gt 106Y were on the front and cooper Xeon 106Y on the rear for 8 mths, I had no problem, switch them round so coopers on the front and grabbers on the rear that's when it has all gone wrong. I did wonder if the coopers are just poor quality, but at 30 mph on a medium bend sunny day even the coopers shouldn't slide?air pressures were corrected to manufacture settings normal load. 33psi front 36 psi rear. Thanks for everyone's help on this one. I'm a bit baffled. ��

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Simple solution...should not mix brands of tires...even if they look similar, have similar characteristics. Willing to bet 6 pints of beer this probably disappears with a fresh set of 4 tires of the SAME brand!

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Different makes have different construction. Front suspension is considerably more sensitive than rear suspensions. SO in addition to different makes you have different rolling circumference due to different mileage. So in short there is nothing at all baffling now that we have the full picture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, will get a full set of same brand tires fitted and let you know the results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't had tires fitted yet, as problem seems to have gone away!! Any ideas?definately baffled now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts