RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,667 Posts
XRAV you give no reference as to where that stray connector is or if you have verified it is from the SRS harness. It appears to be under the dash somewhere but it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lost the thread, I have taken out the battery neg 1st always, it is a Sears gold I forget the brand dated 9/14 same month as bought, the connector is left side
of steering wheel, LHD and it is yellow and black, battery has worked great as it starts nicely but I think it just glitched and set off srs light. I hope to
check the srs code tomorrow I get the 930i tester. Thx

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just wanted to update no love with the icarsoft i930 on the 1997. It cannot communicate.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,667 Posts
not at all surprising. most scanners on the market will only read OBDII base engine codes on a P38. this is why we have this forum so that when folks want to know what equipment works they have a source of information.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

A shop in Glendale read my code and found this, for 60.00. Kind of half of a diagnosis but he had a great scanner.
Will post when I find it. Thx for the ideas here.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Just wanted to update no love with the icarsoft i930 on the 1997. It cannot communicate.
Yes, as mentioned it is 'quirky'...

Long story short when this happened to me I decided to design a 'box' to turn off the light..... Some time later I had some 'success', with a PC/Interface/OBD cable and a 'bit of software inspiration' etc; Slight problem was it came back on again when I removed the PC etc; FAIL ! Bought a Faultmate instead (as this was before the Nanocom existed)

Before you maybe ask I don't think you can hack the i930 to do your SRS but at least you now have quite a nifty scanner for other stuff of course...

Was there a link/photo with your Glendale post ? Yes, there are dedicated SRS scanners around that can read/re-set codes but cost around $1.5K+

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi back for advice. I have the airbag fault with SRS light and code which is on screen. I have been able to try another airbag
and clean- check all connectors around glove box. I also cleaned crash sensors. Light still on, my question I have an srs ecu
which I will try as a last resort, but did anyone recognize the stray connector as noted before, and does anyone know if there are
srs wire connectors behind radio and climate control as I am going in there while changing glove box button spring.
THX

·
Banned
208 Posts
- Again the main problem is that (with the 'distributed' system/ECU you have) if you find/correct a bad connection somewhere the SRS still needs to be reset to extinguish the light.....

Proper diagnostics gives you a 'clue' as to the specific problem; See that the photo is now actually visible in #25.....

It is very unlikely to be the SRS ECU causing this.

EDIT: Sorry, thought I had already posted this up; Rotary Coupler but photos of the 'quirky' connectors too:-

http://www.rhobbs.co.uk/2012/03/land-rover-rotary-coupler-internals-close-up-photos-yrc100350/

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,093 Posts
Good Lord.
Scotty offered his help, you went your own way.
You then paid for some diagnostic junk that didnt work.
Then you took it to some "shop" for them to halfazz it.
And you are still posting here about it......
Can lead a horse to water, and so on.
110 miles each way is peanuts for driving the 110 miles back with a flawlessly running rig and no warning lights. Think (hope) you have already discovered the false economy deal, now it's up to you whether you continue the trend.

Martin

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh well to clear this up, Yes he offered to reset my light, I did not want to drive RR 110 each way at the time. I returned the 930i and
they gave me a refund(it does work on 1999-2002). I forgot we need to reset it after working on it so I will just buy a faultmate fcr,
but I had the rover shop just diagnose SRS system to get the 60 dollar specia(his tester was $50000). l He was going to diagnose engine and everything else. I thought I disturbed a connector changing heater core, stereo, but all is good on right side so far.
Everything else is fine at this time(knock on wood), just one annoying light on. Hope that makes sense. Still going to solve.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,093 Posts
$50,000 tester huh? LOL
Wouldn't be a guy going by the name Eddie would it? If so, that makes perfect sense.....
Would have been well worth your time, seeing as Scotty has dismantled more P38's than most folks will see. Not to mention his diagnostic kit. Not "$50,000" worth mind, but good and thorough non the less....
Not sure on the FCR deal, as I have a TekPro and a Faultmate myself.
Martin

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
10 Participants
leftlanetruckin
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing