1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

2006 Range Rover, 4.4L NAS spec

SRS light turned on this morning and has persisted through several ignition cycles. Code Reader indicated the fault was "Driver Airbag Firing Circuit 1". No code number provided. From what I gather, it could be a bad ground, or an issue with the rotary coupler.

I wasn't having much luck finding information about this DTC within the RAVE. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this, had more information about the DTC, or if I'm even on the right track to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Airbag firing circuit faults can originate from the module to the "squib" in the column. The system looks for a connection to ground using a voltage drop method. If the circuit is complete, the applied voltage will be lower due to resistance to ground. If the voltage is the same as applied, it indicates an open circuit, which can be ANYWHERE in that circuit, including the coil in the wheel. The code is intentionally vague, as it impossible, at this point, to determine the location. If, for example, the supply voltage to that circuit is incorrect, the code will still apply. My first inclination is the clock spring in the column, but that would be where I would start. Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts