RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 97 RR that i just bought two days ago and i noticed a squeeking noise coming from the front area of the truck. you only hear is when im driving slow and when i let off the gas. I give it gas and the noise goes away. What could it be? Please help because the noise is annoying. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Squeeking while moving forward...or squeeking when the suspension is going up and down.

Suspension - could be the front sway bar bushings or possibly the shocks...take a look under the front and see what condition the sway bar bushings are in - you should replace them anyway as its cheap. Shocks on this car are cheap if you go OEM Boge or Gas shocks.

Drivetrain - could be a brake squeek or drive train u joint. See if braking solves the squeek, if its only acceleration that I would look at the front prop shaft and ujoints - get a grease gun and lube the u-joints.

Without seeing your rig or hearing the squeek I would guess the u-joints on your front prop shaft are without grease or on their way out. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks leomd. i will check all those things. It makes the noise going forward. when i cruse or let off the gas it starts making that noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts