RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've noticed a low pitch squealing when I turn corners, I brought it to the dealership to have it checked out. I was told this is normal for these cars, can anybody confirm this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hard corner or just a small turn? Hard corner may be normal, small turn sounds like either one of the three differentials is locking up or an alignment job needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Could be your power steering fluid level is low

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have had this issue since day 1, or maybe it was day 2 after the mishap with the ditch. In any case the dealer has always claimed an "inability to replicate the purported issue". I only ever really notice it when driving out of my garage or of course when I attempt to look cool in front of girls as i squeak my way up to a stoplight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This forum haunts me. In the earlier post I said I never had an issue...until just today. I was slowly moving out of a parking space and I hear a squealing noise at low speeds but went away after I sped up. Damnnit. I tried to reproduce it and couldn't. Will try later again...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, so I brought my vehicle to the dealership and I was told that this is normal. I was told the sound was from my supercharger, but that doesn't make sense cause I'm only able to hear the sound when I turn and I definitely didn't have this problem when I first purchased this car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yep had this a couple of years ago ad it drove me crazy. Steadily got a bit louder as time passed. It's an issue with the additive in the power steering fluid. My dealership did a power steering flush and replaced the fluid wiht the proper amount of additive and it went away immediately. Never had the problem since. It's an easy fix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts