RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Is it from the suspension? Have you inspected your bushings? Is it from the body? Have you checked your tailgate and hatch alignment?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
165 Posts
My guess would be the rear lower bushes in the knuckle.Have a helper jounce the car while you listen at the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Hi there,
Unless they've already been changed, it's 99% sure it's the rear lower bushes. Here in France, much rain and snow, some sun then to dry them out, we do change these bushes frequently.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
DR. You are in trouble. Has anyone done the lower inner rears. That's where I see distortion on our new addition but have not found a mention of these

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
Get a hypodermic needle, put grease in it and inject it in to the bushings. I did this last year and the sound has been gone ever since. If you open the rear door, put one foot on the door sill and step up and down to make the truck go up and down and you will hear it. It's the bushings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. Specifically which bushing did you find to be bad? I put grease into the two (upper and lower) knuckles closest to the wheel hub and I still get the squeak. Any help is much appreciated!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,384 Posts
A friend and I replaced the rear upper and lower bushes last Monday using tools hired from a bloke in Oz

Look, no rust!

Marked to get the eccentric washer back in approximately the right place. (The car had a wheel alignment done today.)

Quite easy when one uses the right tools and have access to a hoist. I used the LaserTools http://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/5977

and http://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/5978

The bushes had little to no radial play but quite a bit of axial play, especially the left lower where the play was about 1.5mm. The grease was old and hard and there was a bit of rust in the joint.

The left lower also has two pieces of thin plastic (nylon?) jutting out of it. I assume they were/are the bearing surfaces. As noted above, the "bushes" are Heim/Rose Joints.

and clean upper joint:

Cost A$219 for the parts (incl. post).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts