RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who else has or has had squeaky mirror? I have taken mine twice to dealer in last 5 months for driver side and now passenger side is chattering. The first time I went they sprayed it and I had oil dripping for 2.5 months second time they sprayed gently and it lasted 3 week.

Has anyone else had mirrors fixed or replaced. It's a plastic to plastic sound and if they won't replace them I will disassemble and repair myself cause I am sick of spray line dripping down the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife's 11 does the same thing. Will have the dealer take a look at it next time it's getting serviced.

Only bright side about it is that it acts like a 'chirp' to let us know the car is locked LOL

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My wife's 11 does the same thing. Will have the dealer take a look at it next time it's getting serviced.

Only bright side about it is that it acts like a 'chirp' to let us know the car is locked LOL
I am waiting for my new invention to get a patent, I can't tell you what it is but the kit contains a squeeky toy and a couple of tie wraps.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem I have is for 70k after 8 months I shouldn't have to lube my own mirrors. I am a collision tech and customized by trade and do this **** day in and out. Typically on old Toyotas not brand new luxury vehicles. I am going to be taking mine in for its first service shortly and will be requesting new mirrors. Should be an interesting conversation to say the least.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Mine has 6500 miles on it and my Drivers' Door Mirror started to judder and make a creaking noise over the weekend.

I will wait until the Service in November to have it fixed, or at least, give them their first attempt.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has 6500 miles on it and my Drivers' Door Mirror started to judder and make a creaking noise over the weekend.

I will wait until the Service in November to have it fixed, or at least, give them their first attempt.
The two times I have taken mine I end up with oil dripping from mirror for months.... Every time it rains I have a giant oil streak down the side of the truck. A regular car wash soap doesn't remove it either I have to spray it with a gp cleaner and wipe with microfiber.

It's rather annoying. Use caution if they say they will spray it at the dealer...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The two times I have taken mine I end up with oil dripping from mirror for months.... Every time it rains I have a giant oil streak down the side of the truck. A regular car wash soap doesn't remove it either I have to spray it with a gp cleaner and wipe with microfiber.

It's rather annoying. Use caution if they say they will spray it at the dealer...
Thanks for the warning Brim!! If that ever happens the service advisor will be outside wiping the stains off for me every Day.

BTW, my mirror seems to have corrected itself, no more creaks and groans, for now.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
I used white lithium grease spray instead of WD-40 (I've always been told WD-40 is a cleaner, not a lubricant). The lithium did the trick and doesn't leak out everywhere. Don't need much.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Yep, I have this on the driver's side of my 2011 RRS. I will have it addressed at the next service and report back as to how it was handled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts