RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The squeak and creaky noise is back as loud as ever... Has anyone learned anymore about this issue. Any new TSB's on this subject. About to make a service appointment at dealer and hope that I might be able to mention something substantive to them! Thanks for any suggestions!!!!
Hi I have same issue! I am
From Europe. Its unreal how annoying it is. Feels like cheap car. Our dealer also have issues fixing it. They are just saying it is how it is and there is nothing they can do.
I think I will just sell it. Sometimes i just do not want to press brake ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Has your dealer had any success trying to solve this issue? Any insights you might be able to share?? I find the noise and pedal feel very annoying and would really like to find a solution. Any other RRS owners have this situation and can offer a solution??? Very much look forward to resolving this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
I just had this fixed about a month ago and hasn’t come back. I’ll check tomorrow what they did.
Im pretty sure they did not replace anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I just had this fixed about a month ago and hasn’t come back. I’ll check tomorrow what they did.
Im pretty sure they did not replace anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would really appreciate knowing what your dealer did!!! Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Would be interested what your dealer says is the fix! Please advise..... I have an appointment coming up soon. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing what was found out. Hopefully we can help others with this issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I am perplexed that RR has not come up with a fix for this yet. It seems like many owners are facing the same problem. Why is it so difficult to diagnose? Please share any info that you might obtain towards a solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Any updates from anyone on this subject. Not driving too much now, but have an appointment in July and hope to have this fixed once and for all! Thanks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good evening all, we dropped the Rover off approximately 10 days ago,hoping the dealer would find the permanent solution. They had it for 4 days. I’m happy to report that the noise hasn’t returned! We tested it on our recent 1,200 mile road trip. I’m attaching a few pics of the service ticket. Good luck all.

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
226 Posts
So by the looks of your RO the master cylinder is the cause of the noise. Feel bad for the tech having to install 2 brake boosters as that is a crap job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
This information is very helpful. I bring my RRS in next week with same issue. Have already had the brake booster replaced so I guess the master cylinder is the next step. Hope they don't give me a hard time with this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Great news.... my dealer replaced the master cylinder on my RRS and the strange creaky noise seems to have gone away!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I replaced the boost and master cyl on mine. Fairly easy to change but trying to bleed it is not as straight forward as you might think.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Was this replacement to eliminate the creaky noise or just maintenance that you were performing?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts