RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Was there a TSB issued relating to replacement of the master cylinder?
Bourne... the TSB has been posted, the TSB has been explained. Print out the TSB and ask your dealer to verify IF what is covered in the TSB is actually your issue.

This is not a new development, the TSB, if you take the time to open it, was released almost 5 months ago.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
I don't see any updates. I've given up on mine. I had it in the dealer over the weekend for other stuff and had them look the squeak again for the 3rd time and they say all the Sports on the lot do it and won't apply the TSB.

I've only heard one person here say they had theirs fixed by replacing the entire brake booster assembly.

Good luck! I hope your dealer is better than mine.

2015.5 HSE SV6

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents :)

I just picked up my 5th LR product, CPO '16 RRS DYN, I'm almost 2 weeks in and fairly satisfied with it - dealer not so much.

About 3 days ago, I pressed the brake as I was driving and thought the sound came from the speaker.. kinda - what ever...

Today, starting out fresh, pressed the brake just prior to firing up the devil and I could have sworn I squished a baby mouse.... nope as I let up and pushed the pedal it did again but only until 1/2 way down. Tomorrow I'll have my phone camera in the ready recording so I can capture it. I also think I have the squeaky pulley thing.. sounds terrible at startup...

Guess I'll add this to my warranty list and make an appt in a few weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
DavidRRS... what did you learn when you recently dropped your vehicle off for service as you stated in your post? Any news?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Recent service - break squeak - like I've killed a baby ? SMM 72903Part # LR040113 Booster-Brake # LR033628 Reservoir # Nut - hex

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
151 Posts
All, We just took pour 2014 RRS to the dealership based on the same brake pedal noises/issues set forth above. They replaced the brake booster and returned it yesterday. We immediately noticed some new scratches and my wife lost her mind. This morning, not even a day after returned, I noticed a leak on the driveway. It appears to be brake fluid. I can’t even believe it. Could it be that they did not torque lines properly? Back it goes...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for contributing to this stream. Did your recent service eliminate the noise? Are all of the numbers that you mention in your post part numbers that were replaced?

Anxious to learn of your experience.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have some good news.
I went in for service last week and they identified the Brake Booster as the problem. They replaced it and viola! No more screaming rodents. I will try and scan in my write-up later and post it so you guys can reference it with your dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Would appreciate seeing your write-up. I am bringing my RRS in for service next week. Very interested in how you described the noise to your service tech. I am concerned that they will not hear the noise. Look forward to your response.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Would appreciate seeing your write-up. I am bringing my RRS in for service next week. Very interested in how you described the noise to your service tech. I am concerned that they will not hear the noise. Look forward to your response.
Thanks again!
Mine would make the noise pretty regularly and I was able to just show her. It was as if there was a build-up of air and pressing it long enough would make the air run out. So I pressed it a bit to show her and "saved" some for the tech. I'll post a pic of the write up soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having same issue with my break pedal on my 2018 RRS. Definitely not a squeak but more what is described above. Wanted to wait until my next service date but I am almost annoyed enough to bring it in sooner.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
Thanks Trez. I'm taking this to my dealer next time I'm there for service. Now that it's getting cold, the air leak noise is happening all the time now!

2015.5 HSE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had the same squeaky brake issue with my 2017 RRS.

Service manager said there was a bulletin for this and it was fixed. She couldn't tell me what they did though.

The squeak was gone when I picked the car up. But low and behold a few weeks later it's back.

I'm trying to find another LR dealer now as the one I've been going to are terrible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I had the same experience. Brought my car in, they said they replaced some bolts and lubed the area. Noise back almost as I drove away from the dealership. Does anyone have further suggestions? Any further TSB's that address the creaky brake pedal noise? I find the noise very annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seem to have the same condition on my 2013 LR4 Lux. It is worse when you let up on the brake pedal. Have lubed brake pivot with some success. Brakes work fine. Dealer recommends brake booster replacement. 2006 LR3 never exhibited any of these symptoms. Has anyone had brake pedal squeak with the LR4?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The squeak and creaky noise is back as loud as ever... Has anyone learned anymore about this issue. Any new TSB's on this subject. About to make a service appointment at dealer and hope that I might be able to mention something substantive to them! Thanks for any suggestions!!!!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts