RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this is a small, tiny issue. Anyone else have some noise from the brake pedal when it is first pressed? Its a pretty loud squeak and seems to come from from a rubber boot on the firewall.

I have added it to the list of things I want the dealer to look at when I bring the car in for the 1st service.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,400 Posts
Someone in the last couple of weeks brought his car into the dealer to address that same issue. They sprayed silicone or something around the boot area and it seemed to help. Do a search.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's not a small issue. It super effing annoying and is the number one thing i want addressed on the list of issues i have with this vehicle.

Mine started out as minor, actually stopped for a while but now it's loud and constant. Nothing makes you feel like you're driving a quality vehicle like a squeaky 1982 Crown Victory sounding brake pedal. I've had passengers ask what that annoying sound is!

Still waiting on a new pedal assembly to arrive at the dealer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same to me... resolved cleaning with the finger :) a "bumper" that stops the break pedal "arm" (attention it's over the arm not below and easily reachable touching with the hand while pedal is pressed... hard to explain, easy if tried...)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same to me... resolved cleaning with the finger :) a "bumper" that stops the break pedal "arm" (attention it's over the arm not below and easily reachable touching with the hand while pedal is pressed... hard to explain, easy if tried...)
I am likely the one referred to with the previous fix. Unfortunately, after the second attempt to "lube" by the dealer, all was quiet for a few days and gradually now back to annoying. Someone was waiting on a new assembly and I would be interested whether that takes care of it. Any updates? Not to take this post further down its current path, but what exactly are you talking about with the "bumper" and finger cleaning? If there is easy, periodic upkeep I would gladly try it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am likely the one referred to with the previous fix. Unfortunately, after the second attempt to "lube" by the dealer, all was quiet for a few days and gradually now back to annoying. Someone was waiting on a new assembly and I would be interested whether that takes care of it. Any updates? Not to take this post further down its current path, but what exactly are you talking about with the "bumper" and finger cleaning? If there is easy, periodic upkeep I would gladly try it.
It's easy and fast (few seconds...)

I've taken a picture with the phone, see below. The "bumber" is a cylinder (red circle in photo). Just reach it with the finger and press it few times. It works for me.

IMG_9914.jpg

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
231 Posts
Love this forum! My brake pedal started squeaking as the weather has turned colder and spraying some lube on this switch and bumper fixes it. Thanks Max_it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts