RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anyone had a problem with rear shocks squeaking when it's cold out? How can a solve this problem without replacing everything?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Re: Squeaky back air shocks!!!

Yup, what he said! Below minus 15C mine almost always creaks and groans and when it's parked indoors it stops! Leave it outside its back. Nothing since the warm weather hit a few weeks ago. If it does not go way it is likely a bushing rather than the air bag.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that you can put some grease inside the boot to stop it. Have you tried that? Don't want to waste my time if it's not going to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts

Nope but you are correct there is thread about getting some silicone grease into the bushing. If mine kept doing it when warm I'd probably try it but it stopped so I don't care that much!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

Some of the bushings have something in them. I bought the rear outer upper bushings thinking that was our problem but did not pinpoint the sound yet. They have special rubber seals to contain liquid. It could also be the heim joint that sets rear toe in or any of the bushings. I do not think that all the rear bushings are liquid filled. There are grease syringe tips available for that purpose (my brother on the farm had some) but i have not found them here in the city yet. Probably only a temporary fix anyways. With the warmer weather the rear is now quiet so not sure if what I sprayed on the frame side bushings of the suspension arms had any effect but now more likely to be the frame side bushings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts