Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

A month back after I received my truck back after a months worth of repairs I decided to replace the brake pads and also paint the calipers. Before doing this though when I would turn left at speeds 35-60 there would be a squeaking from the front right corner of the truck. I replaced the brake pads and the squeaking stopped for about two days but came back the only suspension work i have had done to the truck is the lower control arms were replaced 2 months ago, and the dealer didn't mention anything else what could it be? I am worried that it is a brake caliper going bad and want to resolve it before something catastrophic happens and can't be fixed.
Fyi i know my rotors are warped not to serious but there is some warpage ill probably replace the pads and rotors before summer but just wanted some new pads put in because the old pads were squeaking a lot.

Edit:When I had taken it to the dealer for the lower control arms i did complain that the steering wheel was shaking a little at intermentedt speeds and they said i needed a wheel balance and to replace the ace fluid. I opted out for replacing the ace fluid because they had done a inspection on my car two months ago and didn't mention anything seemed like they wanted to make money off me but the wheel balance took out 85% of the steering wheel vibrations.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So last night I decided to go to a parking lot and drive going left in circles the squeaking seems to be only present when under acceleration I tried pressing the brakes and releasing while accelerating and the sound was there so i dont think its the brakes any thoughts? I need to take the car to get a oil change soon at service and want them to fix this while there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.