Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've been lurking here for a few months since I picked up my new 2016 RR AB SC. It has been an amazing car to drive and I have had no regrets to date. Managed to even drive it for many kms through some pretty dusty and bumpy off road area and it performed beautifully.

About a month after I picked up the car, some squeaky noise started developing on the driver side (rhd). I think it appeared after a detail car wash but I can't be sure. Yesterday somerone suggested that I try some Glide-ezy spray (silicone lubricant) as I suspected the noise was coming from the rubber door seals rubbing against the metal.

After spraying the glide-ezy on the various rubber tubular seals, there was no difference. I then sprayed on the rubber corners of the door and also wiped some of it on the metal where the LR metal round plate thing on the pillar is. Lo and behold... The noise disappeared immediately. Don't know how long this will last but thought I'd share this with you guys.

Btw, my RR specs:
Autobiography, supercharger, Borrolo Black, Tan/Ebony interior, Meridien Signature sound. Product Automotive exterior Audio equipment Tire Technology
Tire Vehicle door Rim Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive exterior Tire Vehicle door Vehicle Car

Attachments

· Registered
34 Posts
I realize this is a lot shot since this is so old, but do you happen to have a link to the product you used?

I'm having the same issue (LHD, however) and the dealer wants $340 to replace the hinge. I'm guessing WD40 or this product can fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.