Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm sure this is a problem that others have run Into. When I start the truck, and the power steering column extends, It makes a squeaking sound, also when It retracts when I turn the Ignition off. Thoughts on how to fix? If this Is a more complicated fix that requires a diagram, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
It's a case of dry nylon bushings and guides. White lithium grease does wonders for moving parts. If you look below at similar threads or in search you will find many existing threads on trim removal and fixes people have used.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I got real excited about taking care of this, then ran into snag with that lone, middle Torx screw in the trim. It has to be the longest screwdriver required for such a small Torx screw. Since I can't check to see what size Torx it is, do you, or anyone else happen to know? Thanks

· Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Thanks. I got real excited about taking care of this, then ran into snag with that lone, middle Torx screw in the trim. It has to be the longest screwdriver required for such a small Torx screw. Since I can't check to see what size Torx it is, do you, or anyone else happen to know? Thanks
I don't know by heart, but I'm 97.9% sure that would be in the RAVE CD. That has mostly all tools/ disassembly instructions.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
RAVE doesn't list screw sizes etc. It is assumed that the LR mechanic has a fully stock tool chest with every day tools at their finger tips. Usually only special tools for more complex jobs are listed.

· Premium Member
1,562 Posts
RAVE doesn't list screw sizes etc. It is assumed that the LR mechanic has a fully stock tool chest with every day tools at their finger tips. Usually only special tools for more complex jobs are listed.
Good to know, I was thinking my free version was limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.