RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried or know if this will work. I want to add 1-2 inches so I can put 33's on. I'm looking for the cheapest, but safest, if possiable way to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I all ready have Rovertym 2 inch lift springs w/ OME shocks.

Brian

·
Registered
457 Posts
OME do spring spacers or packers they call them, I've got a set of 8mm ones fitted under the front spring seats to trim up the front.

I think they do them in 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sizes they may do larger ones too. You can get 2" spring seat that I know Paddock Spares and M+M4x4 do for the classic RR, this may work with your springs on the P38 axle but it's worth checking with suppliers.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
How about a body lift instead? You could do 10" spring spacers, but if you don't have extended height sensor arms it won't do you any good.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
kmagnuss said:
...but if you don't have extended height sensor arms it won't do you any good.
On coil springs at that height wouldn't the height sensors be known as altitude sensors?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered some 2" blocks from "Toddco Suspensions". They are for a Classic, but will fit my P38 also. They are reasonably priced, so you might look into them.

Haven't put them on my truck yet though. Gotta replace the transfer case first.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
232 Posts
420P38 said:
Anyone tried or know if this will work. I want to add 1-2 inches so I can put 33's on. I'm looking for the cheapest, but safest, if possiable way to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I all ready have Rovertym 2 inch lift springs w/ OME shocks.

Brian
Are you referring to the "hockey pucks" or the LR or OME "trim packers" ?
Answers to your questions http://rockrover.com/techarticles.htm
In addition to the usual brake lines, drive shafts and bump stops you may want to consider modifying your front and rear panhard rods.
33" tyres are a tight fit under full articulation.
Photos http://cid-96ed6c75634cb425.skydrive.live.com/albums.aspx

Last years National Rally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts