RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im having problems with my 2002 l322 air suspension been told electrical fault not ride height sensor front end stuck up back sitting right thinking of doing conversion anyone got any thoughts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The easy and cheap way out is to do a spring conversion, but I would never do such a thing. The air suspension, when working right is such a great feature to have on the rover. There have been others on the forum who have done the spring conversion and later strongly regretted it and wanted to go back.

My recommendation is to deep dive into the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS) system on your rover and get it fixed. Arnott Industries has replacement airbags or entire strut assembles that are inexpensive and very easy to swap into the car. Your mechanic or you can do it. Make sure your air tank and compressor are in good condition too and you can hopefully enjoy a good system.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The easy and cheap way out is to do a spring conversion, but I would never do such a thing. The air suspension, when working right is such a great feature to have on the rover. There have been others on the forum who have done the spring conversion and later strongly regretted it and wanted to go back.

My recommendation is to deep dive into the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS) system on your rover and get it fixed. Arnott Industries has replacement airbags or entire strut assembles that are inexpensive and very easy to swap into the car. Your mechanic or you can do it. Make sure your air tank and compressor are in good condition too and you can hopefully enjoy a good system.
^^^THIS. One of the great features of the car is the air suspension!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

IMO the cheap way out is to just fix the suspension, it's usually something stupid and inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Stop.

1. No Arnott, get something cheap, it's not like Arnott stuff is reliable, if you look you'll find why I dislike them.

2. Find out what needs to be done. You have a 2002, I recommend Bag Piping Andy's compressor rebuild to be done regardless.

3. On your 4x4 screen, are there any bits flashing?

4. Have the system scanned for faults, and recalibrated. Look into the RSW Solutions tool for the 2002-2005 trucks.

If a fault is found, it is possible the truck can not breath, possible breather is clogged and will not release air from the front bags. Remove/replace the exhaust in the boot area next to the compressor.

A proper tool, and repair bits will very likely be less than a spring conversion, spring conversions are hack jobs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
When I bought my 2001 RR P38, it had an spring conversion on it.
Having never experienced air suspension before, I was curious to explore it. So I gathered all the components and converted it back to original EAS.
The ride was night and day. While the EAS is having its issues, I’m not looking back.
Definitely will never neglect the air on the 08. Can’t imagine how bad it would be with a coil conversion and don’t want to find out.

Sent from my iPhone X

1 - 6 of 6 Posts