RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm in need if a new exhaust and have narrowed it down to two. Im looking at the Famous Four sports exhaust and the Rimmer Bros sports exhaust. Has anyone had any experience with either? or know the difference at all? As of now I'm leaning towards the famous four because there's a decent price difference. I'm not sure what the difference is in the systems. Can anyone help out? here are the both options.
https://www.famousfour.co.uk/new_parts/ff_part?part=20676
https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RA1069FWS

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
why on earth would you ship from the UK when similar systems are available State side or even go custom at a local shop for about your shipping charge from the UK

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't found any systems over here that I like for a decent price. I am considering custom work, but around me most shops aren't very good.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
Full custom system from behind the cats will take about an hour for a decent welding/muffler shop with a mandrel bender. It is well worth the time to look a bit further than the immediate local shops if you don;t trust them. An hours drive, hour or so in the shop choice of mufflers, exit and tips.... hour home... $200-$250 plus fuel to try out the new sound... and you have a full custom kit to your liking. I can hit up half a dozen shops 90 minutes south of me two of which have done work for me since the mid 80's. I am sure most any shop up here can handle a custom kit as well... custom exhaust is not time consuming or difficult for established shops.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I got a stock exhaust from eBay
USA shipped
Put on and welded myself
It is fine and quiet
And not really expensive

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess the perk for me right now is that the rover is in Detroit area and not northern michigan so i have more options, my search continues for a shop now

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I have a Borla SS catback w/ Magnaflow y-pipe & cats, love it. I don’t think you can get the Borla system for the RRC anymore, though they did send me a new system a few years ago under warranty. NRP is a good system and is similar price to Borla. http://www.roversnorth.com/Land-Rover-Parts/231

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope! I could just run straight pipe if i wanted. And in michigan uses salt heavily in the winter so stainless is a must

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've made them for this type of engine in a rally car, prefer a tight resonator just after the Y joint with something like a cherry bomb there. Then running large bore to the rear with as large a volume silencer that you can fit in there. Also with minimum tail pipe outlet or run twin large bore from box out to edge of vehicle to clear fumes but not affect tuning.

Worked well on a dyno too, not too noisy inside vehicle but leaves really good base notes on drive by sound. Set off other vehicle alarms in carpark though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts