RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I decided to continue my offroad adventures with my sport. I have also a defender with a warm winch.
Now i want to put a winch on my sport, is this possible .

I cant find any info or pictures, anyone else !!!!!?????

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
yeah it's possible. if you want to over pay and get the winch from LR, you need to cut the bumper. i think it's something like $4000 for a warn winch. can't remember model number. off the top of my head, user name Very Annoyed on the UK forums is someone who fitted the LR winch on his previous RRS. i think there's a thread on here where someone fit the LR3 ARB bumper onto an RRS.

·
Registered
144 Posts
yea i saw after market bumpers selling for the sport...i think arb has them....i do all my off roading with my defender only though...

·
Registered
144 Posts
My modification on this rig

16" kmc Beadlock wheels with a/t tires w/2" spacers
rock sliders and running boards individual setup
front, rear, gastank skid plated and diff protection
2" ole man emu lift kit
terifima caster correct arms w/3 degree bushing
full Polly uratheane bushing
30 spline 1 ton axles upgrade
arb air lockers w/ on board compressor and 5 gal tank
10k lbs front winch
3k lbs rear winch
2.5 turbo diesel w/ air conditioning
nas hitch kit
I also have the hoop,roof rack and snorkle to put on but I'm too lazy to do it....
All these upgraded and the rig still uncomfortable for long drives, but it's my favorite of the entire fleet...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your rrs weights average 2 tons so don't go over board with the winch...lol a 5k lb should be able to fit in there nicely unless you do extreme off roading with it. I like that bumper kit on that rrs posted above...

·
Registered
144 Posts
here she is in the florida everglades....

the tank is actually bolted down i still tie wrap it...

im constantly doing work on her every chance i get, today my mantec air intake should be on....will post updates

here she is in her natual habitat.

its very swampy out there and have gotton stuck numerous times, but now i know where i can pass and where i cant....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts