RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
newbie ere from south wales valleys uk :dance:
ive not got a range rover yet but got some mad ideas for when i get it! gonna call it project suggs lol.
i already got 2008 sport headlights and grill that will be fitted and gonna go for full one off custom bonkers wide arch body kit and hell of a system :wink: .
had a look about for some info on this conversion but it seems everyone whos done it is keeping it secret lol.
not shy when it comes to cars and spent hours in the garage sanding my fingers to the bone making one off stuff, i often just cut bumpers up for a laugh and make eminto summin funky, then made a custom mg zr turbo for the shows, everything i do is totaly d.i.y and sometimes get some real cuckoo ideas and just go with them lol, this vid from start to nearly finish of what i been up to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6gqR8bam84
but its now got custom mk2 front with homemade led angel eyes..
but ive had enough of speed bumps and slammed lowered suspension (think im getting old lol) and crave some comfort thats why i plan on going crazy on a range rover.
just popping in to say hi :thumb: amd if anyone has any tips for me.... all welcome :wink:
and look out for some of my many mad projects !!!

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Welcome to the farm!

Good luck with the project, take some photo's. Customising isn't too high up the list for most of us but there are one or two who are in the process of taking on a project as well.

Oh yea, don't take any jip from KMag when he enters the ring... :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, cheers m8.
anyone making custom bumpers+arches at the mo??
searched for ages and cant find nowt?
did see half a pic of a silver one with what looked like crazy wide arches though..... :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
lol, cheers m8.
anyone making custom bumpers+arches at the mo??
searched for ages and cant find nowt?
did see half a pic of a silver one with what looked like crazy wide arches though..... :thumb:
Are you wanting info on RRSports or P38s? THere are several threads on "upgrading" the fronts of P38s to a MarkIII or sport front end. On the Sport forum there are pages and pages of threads on body kits etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still cant seem to find them???
anybody doing custom stuff?
i like to be different :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
I will probably get shot for this, but rumour has it these guys are about to launch some fresh looking kits - keep checking their website... :shhh:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys, i dont need no help when it comes to fibreglass.
gonna be making a custom crazy one off beast real soon with some real trick mods.... watch this space.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
When it's fininshed will it be better offroad that an standard P38.
Hope you'll be using 16" rims and not 18" as there are lots more
offroad style (AT, MT) tyres available, but if you fit a larger diameter
tyre you'll have to figure out a way of carrying the spare as it won't
fit in the original wheelwell.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gonne be 22s...or maybee 24s. :thumb:
and look like no other rangrover in the world :shhh:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
gonne be 22s...or maybee 24s. :thumb:
and look like no other rangrover in the world :shhh:
...or look like everyother street modded P38. OI! :crybaby2: Make sure to post before pics so we can build an alter and give our condolences. :mrgreen:

To each their own. Many folks have hopped on here with big ideas for street mods, but only a couple have followed through to an end product. I wish you luck. It's great to see the before and during, it;s even better to see the after.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
still cant seem to find them???
i like to be different :thumb:
If you want to be different then I don't think buying other people's product is the way forward.

Grafting the front end of an L322/L320 onto the front of a p38 (1994-2002, is that what you intend to buy?) is not as easy as it looks. The internal construction of the vehicles is very different and they all have different swage and detail lines which will cease to line up once the transplant surgery is done.

You will find bodykits for the newer models from Khan and Overfinch. Overfinch tend to be subtle and Khan tend to be... tacky(IMHO).

Although few people on here will agree with your tastes, if you do have the knowledge and skill to do this yourself that will be respected. We might even be able to help and advise regarding the finer details of the RR.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
Overfinch tend to be subtle and Khan tend to be... tacky(IMHO).
I can do you a good price on the Khan Design kits BTW, but they are for the later MY Land Rover products (Freelander2, RRS/L322).

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Rich998a said:
Tim (Scotland) said:
Overfinch tend to be subtle and Khan tend to be... tacky(IMHO).
I can do you a good price on the Khan Design kits BTW, but they are for the later MY Land Rover products (Freelander2, RRS/L322).
I doubt you could do me a good price.
Unless you'll pay me to take them away AND cover disposal costs. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Rich998a said:
:shock: Were you planing on keeping that secret? :wink:

My little brother could be interested - Any details, chap?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers guys , if i get stuck along the way ill be straight here for help :thumb:
as for bodykits.....ill make my own :shhh:
kits far too pricey these days and i could prob make a replica of most kits for about £200.... but i like to be different :wink:
seriously guys im not holding back on this one!! gonna go fibreglass and gorilla filla crazy lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
xsuggs99 said:
cheers guys , if i get stuck along the way ill be straight here for help

Have a look on the sport foram. A lot of them seem to be into customising.I don't understand why most on this one seems to be against it. It seems to be the opinion of most that it's OK to do mechanical mods but when it comes to altering the bodywork it's a no no. I think that if a person has the ability to do something different do it. As I see it it's all about personal taste. I particularly like the sport light and grill conversion that Rogersons do, and very soon a similar version will be on the front of my RR together with some body mods. So "xsuggs99" if you want or can give any help sorting out the headlight wireing PM me.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts