RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the recent tree hunt I am already thinking about options for next year or possibly even this year if someone makes it out my way. :wink:
The other day I saw an LR3 with 255/60/18s. I assume that is a stock size. Looking at the accessories page for LR:

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Deale ... erview.htm

The LR3 catalog has chains that fit all the way around, so it appears as if they have enough room in that size - also some good winter tires out there in that size. I wouldn't mind another set of 18s... :lol: I am assuming there is room for other types of chains also and/or the suspension and clearances are the same for the Sport but I could be wrong. Also shown is the Spike Spider system as mentioned in another thread.

The Sport catalog has chains that fit 17s (a no-no in North America) but interestingly also show sthe Spike Spider system(I don't remember that in the catalog before)!

In both the LR3 and Sport they mention they are for the fronts. Does the rear have that much less clearance? If 285/60/18s fit, I would think chains would fit over 255/60/18s.

Anyways, just throwing stuff out there in case anyone was interested.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
EEE

I've got a pair of brand new Rud Chains that will fit a 265/60/18. Never used - bought them from Bill Burke before I had bought my Nitto's....if that works for you, I'll throw them in the truck and drop them off....we could do a hand off in Winnemucca!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bastid! Wait, Winnemucca... :snooty: The Ruds are nice. Do you think they'd fit a 265? I'm not sure I could handle the funds anyway :(

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
He he...they do indeed fit the 265/60/18, but not the 285/60/18 - all the sizes they will fit are on picture 2.

No worries on the payment - whenever works for you is good for me, but do let me know if they'd work for the size you're contemplating, as they do add some weight, along with the rest of the expedition gear.

cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Winnemucca and chains sounds tawdry.

Too bad they won't fit my tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PJPR01 said:
He he...they do indeed fit the 265/60/18, but not the 285/60/18 - all the sizes they will fit are on picture 2.

No worries on the payment - whenever works for you is good for me, but do let me know if they'd work for the size you're contemplating, as they do add some weight, along with the rest of the expedition gear.

cheers!
Thanks bud! But will they clear the suspension components and fit the Sport? That was my main concern. I think I'll have to wait for my current snows to run out before I get new snows (SWMBO), though I was thinking about finding a set that would fit those and maybe the future next set (possibly the 255 or 265/60 18). Probabaly a tough order though. :think:

gooseyloosey said:
Winnemucca and chains sounds tawdry.

Too bad they won't fit my tractor.
dammit goose. :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Well...they will not fit the 285/60/18's..that I know for sure...tried that out and it's a no go.

Not sure if they'll fit a 265/60 or 265/65 version...that's about 3/4 inch less wide, so they might...

At any rate...give me a ring tonight if you want me to throw them in the truck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts