RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newer user here on these awesome forums I found which are great for connecting owners alike. I am not here for good news though but my first 3 weeks of owning my 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE 4.4 v8, The car of my dreams has been shattered within weeks. I called my insurance company today and they claim that it is a potential write off. I have details and pictures to describe and show which may help but as of now I am so worried that they will write it off. The scenario is a nice Saturday night full of joy. Then into the calm Sunday morning at around 5am untill "crash" I had no idea what was going on and neither did my mother. Getting to the point. The police caught the guy and arrested him for drink driving and caught for hitting other vehicles in the same night with their Citroen C4(info given by cops). Onto my car. They hit it hard. Very hard, But on the damage itself, The rear right wheel and connected components in particular.

The estimated car value is around £9600 / $12600 and from my description my insurance company advised potential "total loss" scenario. I was mortified to hear this. I was only just getting 100% confident driving much bigger than my previous small car. I had the car of my dreams. I hopefully could still have it.. Continuing on. I described how everything under the wheel and attached to the rear right wheel is bent downwards and warped. Then I mentioned how the impact seemed to have pushed the car forward and against the sidewalk damaging the alloys on the opposite side of the vehicle as well. In the images I have linked you can see how the impact was hard enough to completely shatter the walls of the alloy wheel and completely warped everything attached. As bad as it looks and I hope I have made this post okay but here it is and the images have been linked via Puush.

I really need advice right now because I care so much about this vehicle that I would actually pay out of pocket to avoid "write off" or any other status like that. This was a rare find vehicle and I do not want to try and find something equivalent because I was going to do so much to her in casual upgrades down the line. Images:
1. : Underneath: https://puu.sh/y4GHZ/5c2a1fc224.png
2. : Side: https://puu.sh/y4ss9/99ff3afd49.png
3. : Rear: https://puu.sh/y5qvW/0cada3ecab.jpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
If suspension mount points are damaged - yes it could be write off. I think your recourse at this point is to argue about value with the insurance co.

There must be others for sale - find the price in line and get 3rd party insurance co to pay for replacement

If you try to fix damage like that it may never run straight / right and you will have a hard time reselling it

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Re: Range Rover Sport 06 HSE - 3rd Party Damage... Write Off

obviously the rear suspension is trashed with the rear tyre damaged and wheel at that angle. Time to let it go and take the total and walk away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Range Rover Sport 06 HSE - 3rd Party Damage... Write Off

You were all correct about that. The final outcome was indeed totalled/write off, I only got about 85% of what I paid for it back. I was then actually fortunate enough to find a similar and yet better spec supercharged model from the same dealership I got this first one, Much lower mileage too (65,000) and only 1 previous owner, wind deflectors, the Logic7 audio upgrade, drinks cooler and bigger 22" wheels.

Very happy even though its cost me an extra 3000+$. I also recently added bluetooth audio functionality I simply used an aux signal amplifier and bluetooth receiver to achieve this. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts